Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Is there a way to group recordings into directories?

Well, given that I was the person who wrote the code to add the last two sort options, I do know about that.

BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SORTING LOCATIONS!!!!

Didn't know you wrote that code?
Can't you re-use similar logic code for sorting locations?
 
Didn't know you wrote that code?
Can't you re-use similar logic code for sorting locations?
The code to do the sorting is trivial (i.e. it's sorted(...)). The issue is making sure that it gets sorted in the live image as soon as any change is made and then also gets updated in the settings file [config.movielist.videodirs] (which will only happen when the GUI is shutdown). My first attempts managed either one or the other, so I hand-sorted and haven't had to make many changes to the list since so it's not something I feel needs an urgent fix.
Mind you - I think it was only after that work that I discovered that the settings file wasn't updated on an init 4/init 3 switch, so I may have managed more than I thought.

And I'll need to at least have a look at deleting an empty directory...
 
The issue is making sure that it gets sorted in the live image as soon as any change is made and then also gets updated in the settings file [config.movielist.videodirs] (which will only happen when the GUI is shutdown).

Code:
from Components.config import config, configfile
...
config.movielist.videodirs.save()
configfile.save()
 
Last edited:
Deleting an empty directory will cause problems for people with new installations or those fitting new storage devices. You also have the issue of some movie locations being read only. Shares on PC/NAS etc.
 
Deleting an empty directory will cause problems for people with new installations or those fitting new storage devices.
It should be OK if it is under /media/hdd/movie (or whatever is being used - if that can be determined) or under a mount-point (if that can be easily checked).
You also have the issue of some movie locations being read only. Shares on PC/NAS etc.
So try/except should handle that (it's no different to attempting deletion of files on read-only file-systems).
 
Last edited:
Code:
from Components.config import config, configfile
...
config.movielist.videodirs.save()
configfile.save()
AFAIR, sorting config.movilist.videodirs doesn't sort the in-memory menu list, which is cached somewhere. I think I'd tried a reload(), but can't remember whether that worked (or, indeed, whether I really did it at all...).
But the configfile.save() is something I hadn't used - thanks.
 
Birdman, thanks for this, can I ask if there has been any new developments on this? Like is it possible for the Image to automatically create a folder or groups similar recordings by itself without the need of be creating a Sub-Directory?

Keep up the good work...and let us know how we can help you.
 
Not a direct answer to query, but thanks to Birdman, we have an option to compose the recordings based on event name. I now use this as my default. It makes sorting the recordings later easier. Obviously can't do anything about existing recordings.

I would have liked this to be the default instead of date.
 
Not a direct answer to query, but thanks to Birdman, we have an option to compose the recordings based on event name. I now use this as my default. It makes sorting the recordings later easier. Obviously can't do anything about existing recordings.
Is this feature incorporated in current image?
 
Birdman, thanks for this, can I ask if there has been any new developments on this?
Personally I would have said no, but apparently the change I made on a request from abu baniaz is related (somehow?).
Like is it possible for the Image to automatically create a folder or groups similar recordings by itself without the need of be creating a Sub-Directory?
This is a bit chicken-and-eggy as until you have created the directory you can't add it as a bookmark, so can't select it as a location for a recording. Also, you'd need to define "similar recordings" in some way.
Keep up the good work...and let us know how we can help you.
Well, you've reminded me that I still need to fix the sort order of the movielist.videodirs (it's not something which gets changed all that often, and when I do I fix it by hand - then forget to apply a generic, automatic fix :( - so next time around I fix it by hand again and ....)
 
Not a direct answer to query, but thanks to Birdman, we have an option to compose the recordings based on event name. I now use this as my default. It makes sorting the recordings later easier. Obviously can't do anything about existing recordings.
Ah, yes. The incompletely added fix. Just hope that none of your long descriptions are >~230 characters.
However, I can't see how this helps sorting except when you view the listing directly via the file-system. The ViX movie listings have always allowed sorting by programme name (I added the code to sort by oldest first within the same programme name).
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top