Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Just flashed latest 5.3.039. Now can't browse files in windows 10.

cliver1956

New member
Joined
Apr 28, 2016
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
70
Hi,
I have just flashed the lates vix image 5.3.039 as a clean usb install.
Now I can't browse my files in windows 10 file explorer.
I can SSH into the cmd line with Putty.
If I put the ip address into file explorer it opens up fine.
I have SAMBA installed and running.
I seem to remeber having a problem like this when I forst set it up but can't find a fix here or elsewhere.
I have seen other threads on the same issue but non give any answer as to how to set it up.
Is there a guide to setting this up anywhere or can anyone give me some ideas?
Any input appreciated.
 
I think i read the other day that you now have to set your own Password before you can view files on your box.
 
Last edited:
@Kryton Do you mean a password for the root user, or set up a new user/password?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
 
@Abu Banias, thanks I'll try that. Although I'm not sure my issue is the same because samba is running.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
 
From what I can tell from the various threads that pop up from time to time, there is a dependency that gets missed if an opkg update is not done first. So Samba shows as it is running, but one of the dependencies is missing so it does not work.

So try:
Code:
opkg update
then

Code:
opkg install packagegroup-base-smbfs-server

If that kicks up an error, try the following:
Code:
opkg --force-reinstall packagegroup-base-smbfs-server

Restart and check again
 
Last edited:
Sorry i had just scanned through the post quickly.
Was at work, it was to do with FTP that i saw...i think.
 
That is for the next image release (5.4.x) - the ftp password will be mandatory
 
From what I can tell from the various threads that pop up from time to time, there is a dependency that gets missed if an opkg update is not done first. So Samba shows as it is running, but one of the dependencies is missing so it odes not work.

So try:
Code:
opkg update
then

Code:
opkg install packagegroup-base-smbfs-server

Restart and check again

That worked a treat, thanks abu baniaz.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top