Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue HD800UE] Keeps crashing on searching for updates

  • Thread starter Thread starter olly
  • Start date Start date
O

olly

Guest
Every time I go to software update it crashes every time. Says searching update but the line never appears and crashes and restarts. From looking at the crash onscreen it mentions memory error? I set a 128mb I think it was swap file setting up swap on the box to ext4 if this helps. Cheers olly

Also the box turns itself on from standby in the morning, anyway to stop this using cross epg and auto bouquet maker in vix,as I think it's coming on cus of the above?
 
My box is set to send crash logs by default,or am I missing something? Cheers
 
My box is set to send crash logs by default,or am I missing something? Cheers

ViX has never had such a feature, The logs manager has always required some user interaction in order to send the logs to us but that feature is currently broken while we look for a solution, for now you must upload them either to the forum or email them to us using the email address in the log it self.
 
Ok will try and sort how to post the log. Also I always get background check in progress when I try a software update,even tho I have disabled background check and restarted the box,so unable to update.
 
Sorry,just to say I was getting the crash every time I tried to download plugins not on software update,It will not let me software update as mentioned in my last post.
 
A crash log uploaded here would help so...
Also, have a look in /var/lib/opkg/lists/ for any large files.
If you find any, delete them.
 
Attached crash log,but after judge told me to empty that folder i now have been able to download plugins and also to update the software as i speak.
 

Attachments

All seems ok now,after judges suggestion,just need to setup some picons,and find out why on now/next I have no details about the program's that are on,only the name of the program without more indepth text underneath?
 
Now/Next is not being read from the EPG you may have downloaded from an external source, but directly from the transponder (if enabled by the user; it is by default). So there can be quite a difference in the now/next and other EPG, as this is dependant on what the provider offers you.
 
Attached crash log,but after judge told me to empty that folder i now have been able to download plugins and also to update the software as i speak.


It would be best to disable the background update check, otherwise you'll run into the same problem again sooner or later.
 
I'm using cross epg,and auto bouquet maker. Picons off the feeds are not giving me the option to store on USB stick only internal memory aswell.
I did turn background check off,when It was playing up,but it was still saying doing a background check,but will change it now I have updated to latest build. Thanks
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top