Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4KSE] KiddaC's BouquetMakerXtream (Replacement for JediMaker)

So for what you actually use the plugin? Just to create bouquets for your playlists?
If you are using it for that there are other plugins that can handle m3u lists and make bouquet....
 
So for what you actually use the plugin? Just to create bouquets for your playlists?
If you are using it for that there are other plugins that can handle m3u lists and make bouquet....

Yes - that's all I'm using it for. I have various m3u lists of publicly accessible IP streams which I want to convert into bouquets. I installed e2m3u2bouquet but that only seemed to want the actual URL of the stream, not the local filename of the m3u collection. I may have been using it incorrectly! I definitely used Jedimaker a couple of years ago with m3u files, so I was a bit confused when the current replacement seems to choke on the same(similar) data.
 
Last edited:
Well currently there is few plugins in progress that handle only that....
One is m3uiptv plugin. That plugin can create bouquets from remote (web) playlists by URL. Currently can not be used for local m3u files. Also it creates links to the service in m3u so if the actual url of specific service changes the generated bouquet is no affected.
Another is iptv-org plugin. That is used for iptv-org/iptv: Collection of publicly available IPTV channels from all over the world (github.com) bouquet generation. (not sure is that one publicly available yet)

Both plugins are WIP so they are available in the dev feed. But pretty much it works.
 
I mostly use the public github links, so iptv-org plugin looks like a possible runner, thanks. I have enough access to movies etc. with Netflix and Sony without needing to access more paid services.
 
Maybe post the crash log to kiddac to look at. I don't have a local m3u file to test
 
@Joe_90 Have you tried using the 'Raw' URL instead of a local file, that way you always have an up to date list. I used this method with jedimaker and it worked perfectly. Not tried bouquetmakerxtream though.
 
@Joe_90 Have you tried using the 'Raw' URL instead of a local file, that way you always have an up to date list. I used this method with jedimaker and it worked perfectly. Not tried bouquetmakerxtream though.

Thanks @spanner123 - see post #19. The plugin was called jedimaker when I last used it to generate bouquets and it worked fine at the time. The newer version seems to be sensitive to the input file format. I have got the iptv-org plugin to work fine, though. It only allows me to select by country, though. Ideally, if I could select by category it would be preferable for me. I'll see if I can get access to the source code and tweak the selection criteria.
 
I have got the iptv-org plugin to work fine, though. It only allows me to select by country, though. Ideally, if I could select by category it would be preferable for me. I'll see if I can get access to the source code and tweak the selection criteria.

Well how you going to select category when in github there is no such a thing....I think you cant do that. The only thing that you can filter is by country and probably if for one country there are several playlist to choose between them....
 
On the iptv-org page on github
Code:
https://github.com/iptv-org/iptv
there are lists grouped by country, category, language. The plugin only gives the country option, unfortunately. I had a look to see if there was any configuration file or menu option to select the category lists, but there doesn't seem to be one. If you know where the source of the plugin is in the Vix repository I could maybe have a look to see how it is accessing the IPTV lists on github. It works really well on a country basis, but it would be ideal if you could select from some of the other category lists like science/travel/weather/etc.
 
Well how you going to select category when in github there is no such a thing....I think you cant do that. The only thing that you can filter is by country and probably if for one country there are several playlist to choose between them....

@DimitarCC - you were absolutely correct when you said that the github streams didn't contain categories. They are mostly just country specific lists. The categories are separate lists linked from the main github info page.

I have actually finally got @kiddac's plugin working consistently for me. Using the playlist.txt file, I pasted in various links to m3u URLs in iptv-org on github. This allowed me to create bouquets of various categories. I could not make local m3u files work at all, no matter how much I simplified the layout. Using links in the playlist.txt file worked great, whether pointing at the raw github content or containing the URLs of the various categories.
 
On the iptv-org page on github
Code:
https://github.com/iptv-org/iptv
there are lists grouped by country, category, language. The plugin only gives the country option, unfortunately. I had a look to see if there was any configuration file or menu option to select the category lists, but there doesn't seem to be one. If you know where the source of the plugin is in the Vix repository I could maybe have a look to see how it is accessing the IPTV lists on github. It works really well on a country basis, but it would be ideal if you could select from some of the other category lists like science/travel/weather/etc.

Where are those lists? The only playlists I see are sorted by country code.

https://github.com/iptv-org/iptv/tree/master/streams
 
Where are those lists? The only playlists I see are sorted by country code.

https://github.com/iptv-org/iptv/tree/master/streams

See post #32. There are other playlists on the readme which contain category groups. None in the tree which the plugin uses, so it's understandable that it is country code only. I've got @kiddac's plugin working for me using the playlist.txt file method.
 
See post #32. There are other playlists on the readme which contain category groups. None in the tree which the plugin uses, so it's understandable that it is country code only. I've got @kiddac's plugin working for me using the playlist.txt file method.
Ok, rewritten to use those links, but those playlists are huge (35000 lines) so it takes a while to parse when first opening the plugin, and when changing category. Altogether is about 10 MB of data to process.
 
Wow - impressive, thanks. Didn't expect you to go to additional work! Will test it out tomorrow. Lot of programmes recording at the moment!
 
i have a vu+ solo 2 with openvix 6.8.006 and all of a sudden all channels using Bouquet maker Xtream will not work
but they alll work fine in xtreamity just can not get any channels to work
 
i have a vu+ solo 2 with openvix 6.8.006 and all of a sudden all channels using Bouquet maker Xtream will not work
but they alll work fine in xtreamity just can not get any channels to work
Need debug logs!
 
i have a vu+ solo 2 with openvix 6.8.006 and all of a sudden all channels using Bouquet maker Xtream will not work
but they alll work fine in xtreamity just can not get any channels to work
OK I have your log - I deleted because you included user details!

Will discuss issue with others
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top