Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Kodi, HDD, Channel List & Vu+ Solo 2 in general

  • Thread starter Thread starter Celldweller
  • Start date Start date
You don't need to tune in Tuner B, just go to Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration & then enable Tuner B.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks again dude - Pretty much all sorted.

I have bought a 2.5 1tb HDD - are they easy to install?

Going to have a go at sorting the skin, kodi and hdd and I'm all good to go.

Looking forward to seeing what this box is capable of...I only know the functions as mentioned so far.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah HDD is easy to install. You should have the HDD screws and power n sata cable already in the receivers cardboard packaging.
Some good Skins about. Give Bello, Confluence, iSkin Dark, YouViX-Blue a try to name a few.
Kodi works well, but not 100% like a dedicated Droid box, but by all means give it a go and see what you think.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Whenever I hold down the blue button I get the plugin browser but nothing specific for skins.


I have CrossEPG Downloader, EPG-Importer, Firmware Upgrade, Media Scanner, OpenWebif, Picture Player and Transcoding Setup
 
Press menu on remote. Come down to plugins menu and press ok. Then green button to download plugins. You will then see the plugins menu.
 
I went to skins - I went to the execute menu and then I did a GUI restart and it is taking a while to load. Is this normal?
 
It was yeah.

That sounds bad
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No its not bad. You will just need to issue a couple of commands via Putty (telnet) to update packages etc. Just hang fire and someone will tell you what commands to issue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
You would put in the ip of the skybox. Username is "root" and the Password is left blank. Then you would run the commands as per the link I gave you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Phew. Cleared it all. Thanks yet again.

I am going to stay away from the sky skin and stick to the other skins you recommended :D
 
Just try different ones. I personally like iSkin Dark at the moment. [emoji3]
Beauty of these boxes we can customise to our tastes, unlike the shitty sky receivers......


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks for the help and advice, I just tried the confluence once and it looks very clear but whenever there are bars its crosses over into the text which is slightly frustrating but then how often am I going to be looking at the menus :D

How would I go about adding picons? I might as well go all out and have everything :D

Also, is there a way to get the channel number to appear in the epg/quick epg box?
 
Kodi, HDD, Channel List & Vu+ Solo 2 in general

I have my picons on my USB stick. They go in folder called "picons" on the USB stick.

There is an option somewhere to display the channels numbers. I'm not at my box the now but will check when I'm home


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Is it possible to put them on an internal hdd? And is it the same process as adding a skin?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Menu > Setup > System > User Interface > GUI Settings & change a couple of things in here; enable infobar fade-out > Yes & Show channel number in infobar > Yes and Green button to save. Exit back to your main TV, press EPG > Menu and change the following; Service Title mode > Service Number and Service Name and green button to save. Now exit back to your main TV.
As for the Picons I use the MK 400x240 ones which can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/picons-channel-icons/
The Solo2 will not have sufficient flash to store these directly to root so I advise to use a USB flash drive (do not use HDD for Picons unless you have PTS enabled, PTS being Permanent Timeshift). Easy to do download the Picons to your desktop, format your USB flash drive to fat32. Create a folder called "picon" and put all the Picons inside that folder to the root of the USB flash drive. Once done insert the USB to the rear. If you have PTS enabled, on the HDD ftp the "picon" folder over. Then a Restart GUI should do the trick to get your Picons showing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top