Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Low sound after 5.2 upgrade

LFN

Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Hi. After 5.2 upgrade I have suddenly got very low output volume. First I thought it was something wrong with my Onkyo reveiver. But I disconnected the receiver and connected the hdmi cable to the TV direct. But the problem is still there.

Max volume is set on my Solo 2. And no downmixing is activated.

I have to turn up my Samsung TV sound to 70 (max 100) to even hear anything. And my receiver is behaving the same on another hdmi connection.

Just upgraded to 5.2.005, but the problem is still there.

Any ideas what causes this?
 
I have an Onkyo 4K surround system and sound is ok on my SF8008, Ultimo 4K and Solo 4K (latest Dev builds) and just tried Solo2 which is on latest (Release) build and that is ok too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
My Sat receivers all go through Onkyo amps and no issues.
Can you post a snap of your AV settings?
 
I'm not seeing a number of those parameters, are you using an additional a/v plugin??
 
I'm not seeing a number of those parameters, are you using an additional a/v plugin??

I don't understand. What numbers? I don't have any additional a/v plugin.
 
Hi,
volume on box really 100%? Check in web interface. Auto Volume Level might also be a cause I never activate such gimmiks.

ciao
 
Hi,
volume on box really 100%? Check in web interface. Auto Volume Level might also be a cause I never activate such gimmiks.

ciao

I spent many hours on this. The webif shows 100% volume on the box. The autovolume setting I have tried the off setting also, it does not change the volume higher.
 
You could try reflashing to latest image (5.2.005) and setup as new with no restores (settings or plugins) and see if that helps.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
You could try reflashing to latest image (5.2.005) and setup as new with no restores (settings or plugins) and see if that helps.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that will be the next step.
 
I have seen on your screenshot that you have auto volume level on HDMI. Can you once put this off and check what happens? I noticed on my Solo2 that the sound level is lower when using auto volume HDMI, but only a little.
 
I have seen on your screenshot that you have auto volume level on HDMI. Can you once put this off and check what happens? I noticed on my Solo2 that the sound level is lower when using auto volume HDMI, but only a little.


Tried that and wrote about it in post 9.it didn't change my volume at all.

Just reflashed latest image and did not make any restore. The sound is still around 20% lower than I am used with.

Could some hdmi setting or install make this change in volume?
 
Try PCM multichannel as Yes and see if there is a difference
 
Try PCM multichannel as Yes and see if there is a difference

Tried that also. It doesn't change the volume level when running it through my Onkyo reveiver.
 
Tried that also. It doesn't change the volume level when running it through my Onkyo reveiver.

.. now that surprise me because it does for me (for whatever reason)...... what are the Onkyo settings ... as most <onkyo receivers offer endless sound variations
 
.. now that surprise me because it does for me (for whatever reason)...... what are the Onkyo settings ... as most <onkyo receivers offer endless sound variations

I want all sound passthrough to my receiver. I don't want the sound to be dowbmixed to stereo by my Vu+
I never changed any settings in the receiver.
 
That kind of confuses me .....I pass whatever I get from the Sat receiver through to the Onkyo - and I do usually choose one of the Onkyo audio selections rather than pushing the “pure Audio“ button
However, the audio output sound level can change significantly between the different Onkyo audio selections.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top