Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Menu Larger than Screen

  • Thread starter Thread starter paulfg
  • Start date Start date
P

paulfg

Guest
I have a problem with my vu solo2 box
The menu when displayed is being cutoff on the side ,and if I open opera browser the top is not seen.I assume this is due to a configuration issue (I did not set the box up).
How do I correct this please?
 
Menu/Setup/system/user interface/position setup
 
well I thought I had fixed the problem, but on opening opera browser the URL bar was half way above the top of the screen so I could not see what I was typing.

willmore
when you say tv settings do you mean on my tv or in a menu on the VU solo?
 
On your tv - most (all) tv's are set to overscan by default. Look in picture settings it's called different names by different manufactures. Or google turn off overscan your tv
 
thanks willmooron my LG tv I changed aspect ratio to just scan and that fixed it.
now need to update adobe flash as when trying filmon website Iget a message o say update flash,not sure what version to download I am getting options

YUM for linex
.tar.gz for other linex
.rpm for other linex
need to search here for answers
 
thanks willmooron my LG tv I changed aspect ratio to just scan and that fixed it.
now need to update adobe flash as when trying filmon website Iget a message o say update flash,not sure what version to download I am getting options

YUM for linex
.tar.gz for other linex
.rpm for other linex
need to search here for answers

Mooron - bit harsh. (i'm not saying your wrong - just a bit harsh that's all :D)
 
oops should have read willmoore on my ....
typed too fast and not read back lol

do you know if filmon/adobe flash work on vu solo2 ?
 
Don't know, never used Opera on the VU. If you want Filmon, or most other stuff why not install Kodi.
 
sorry I am very new to all this XBMC means nothing .
I will follow your instructions,thanks for you patience with a complete newbie
 
just downloaded and checked plugins/extensions and its not there , there is one called xbmcaddons and one xbmc (1.0-20150506.0 beta-r0)



ha just followed your link it seems I need version 4 build I am on 3.2.037

do I need to reflash or is there a way to download and install it
 
Last edited by a moderator:
please close this thread as I am wandering off original question.
I will open new post
thanks
 
TV settings - set overscan to off.
Not necessarily the same thing.
I have to use the position set-up to get my menus not to fall over the edge. When the system boots up and this setting is applied I can see the Vix spinner move in from the top-left. The background (i.e. the actual picture) however is unchanged by this - it is always correctly sized.
 
Hi,
when you use a skin where the side are over the edge of the TV screen I can promise you that you do not get the actual picture in the correct size. Overscan is eval for OSD AND video.

ciao
 
Hi,
when you use a skin where the side are over the edge of the TV screen I can promise you that you do not get the actual picture in the correct size. Overscan is eval for OSD AND video.
And I can promise you that when the screen adjustment kicks in at boot-up the background image (put in place by showiframe onto the same framebuffer as the video) does not move at all. (at least on my MBTwin).
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top