Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Missing Dvb-T2 driver for the Vu+ Duo2 dub-t2 model

  • Thread starter Thread starter drzaphod
  • Start date Start date
Unfortunately we're all awaiting DVB-T2 tuners to arrive for our team. As long as we don't have any, we can't test or advise.
But I've read postings on our forum from people succeeding in scanning using ViX.
I am willing to test it for you if you like. The only difference I see between the original image and the VXI image is that the tuner is reported at a dvb-t tuner on the VXI and dvb-t2 on the original image. Is it only a driver missing or is it more?

If you have a build with the correct driver I can help out testing it for you. Not to brag but I have been doing beta testing for almost 20 years now for Apple and other companies.
 
post some debug logs of you scanning.
 
andyblac;2785post said:
some debug logs of you scanning.
I`m affraid that you have nothing wrong with this ssh108 tuner in Duo2, if you say it can only scan T multiplexes. Problem is on Vix side.
 
I`m affraid that you have nothing wrong with this ssh108 tuner in Duo2, if you say it can only scan T multiplexes. Problem is on Vix side.

sorry, what are you saying ?, i use a USB DVB-T2 here and it scans HD channel with no issues, so there is no issue with ViX.

further more, i tested the ET10000 internal DVB-T2 tuner and it scan T2 fine. ahain no issues with HD channels.
 
I`m affraid that you have nothing wrong with this ssh108 tuner in Duo2, if you say it can only scan T multiplexes. Problem is on Vix side.
That's why Andy asked for logs; just to see what's going wrong. As long as we have no logs, or any tuner ourselves, we can't help.
 
sorry, what are you saying ?, i use a USB DVB-T2 here and it scans HD channel with no issues, so there is no issue with ViX.

further more, i tested the ET10000 internal DVB-T2 tuner and it scan T2 fine. ahain no issues with HD channels.
I am taking about DVB-T2 usb tuners. I`m talking about VU+ internal T2 tuner. You don`t seem to know this Samsung tuner. Please find out.
 
That's why Andy asked for logs; just to see what's going wrong. As long as we have no logs, or any tuner ourselves, we can't help.

As I said before, no problem. Where do I find the logs you are looking for and I will gladly help to get them.

BTW. Black Hole support the internal dvb-t2 tuners and can reports them as dvb-t2 tuners. But the images is not as nice and good as the VIX images, far from it.
 
And BH uses the same drivers, but is essentially a copy of th VU-factory image with some added plugins.
The log is the debuglog: you should enable it in the logmanager (and reboot the box when done).
The do some DVB-T2 related stuff (such as setting up the tuner and scanning) and upload the log here as attachment.
 
I have the same problem, and it is also being reported in this thread:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?35669-VU-and-T2-tuner

It works with Ultimo, but the Duo2 only recognises the SSH108 tuner as DVB-T. In BlackHole it comes up correctly as DVB-T2. I have tried copying the drivers from BlackHole, but that didn't make a difference, so I don't think it's a driver problem. It's something within ViX on Duo2 only that pins it to DVB-T.
 
I have tried copying the drivers from BlackHole, but that didn't make a difference,
As expected, as every image uses the very same drivers.

so I don't think it's a driver problem.
That's a bridge too far, as BH and ViX are a completely different environment.

But as we stated several times: as long as none in our team has any tuner (and DVB-T2 signal as well) we can't test/help/improve.
 
I just had a test with today`s release of OpenPLi. Same problem with Duo2.
 
That's a bridge too far, as BH and ViX are a completely different environment.

But as we stated several times: as long as none in our team has any tuner (and DVB-T2 signal as well) we can't test/help/improve.

Correct me if I am wrong here, you have an idea why this is happening? That is why I and seems several other has offered to test a solution if you try and make it. If it is not a driver problem, what is it?

As VIX reports it as DVB-T tuner only and Black Hole and the original image reports it as a DVB-T2 tuner, there has to be some difference if not the driver.

So how can we help, us who do have a box with DVB-T2 tuner and access to transmissions in DVB-T2?
 
As VIX reports it as DVB-T tuner only and Black Hole and the original image reports it as a DVB-T2 tuner, there has to be some difference if not the driver.
Correct: it are completely different images.

We have to wait till our team has a tuner.
 
Correct: it are completely different images.

We have to wait till our team has a tuner.
Since it seems to be impossible to have one from your sponsor, just give me an ardress, and I post you one. I have 5 pcs of those.:)
 
Since it seems to be impossible to have one from your sponsor, just give me an ardress, and I post you one. I have 5 pcs of those.:)

Is that offer available to a few of us, or just Rob?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top