Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] Missing synopsis in CrossEPG

geeebeee

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2013
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
54
Hello
Having problems with Cross EPG. Not sure if it's linked to other issues reported.
Using a USB. Cross EPG process looks like it works. It parses programmes then loads descriptions but doesn't parse them. Goes straight to save then load.
I've then got a full EPG with no program descriptions.
Any help is appreciated.
Gary.
 
Hello
Having problems with Cross EPG. Not sure if it's linked to other issues reported.
Using a USB. Cross EPG process looks like it works. It parses programmes then loads descriptions but doesn't parse them. Goes straight to save then load.
I've then got a full EPG with no program descriptions.
Any help is appreciated.
Gary.

lol, quite funny, I've just created a bug report for this myself... Will add your post to the bug report ;)
 
Hi Guys,

Might be wrong here (will check later!), but I had this issue yesterday on 007 with my Gigablue Quad and going back to 003 seems to have solved it for me?

GAH
 
I'm having the same problem too, all of the programmes are showing, but no synopsis/info for anything.
 
I can't get my cross egg to download at all on my xp1000 since update to zeus 007. Stops at reading titles 97kb have done as usual killed enigma 2 and deleted epg.dat file but still not downloading it. It's being saved to usb.

Have exact setup on my duo and it's working fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Any comments from the VIX team?
Appreciate it
Gary
 
Yes Rob, there are a few threads on problems with CrossEPG but until you replied, I certainly didn't know the problems are linked. The EPG is a pivotal function of any platform, so I don't think it's unreasonable to ask the question if it's getting a fix anytime soon, or at least getting an update on whether it's likely to be fixed at all.
Thanks for your reply though - at least I know every problem reported on the subject of CrossEPG is indeed linked.
 
Thanks Rob. I did take a look at that but it doesn't flag new UK broadcasts with "New:" which is good for series linking. Do you think this will be fixed soon?
Gary.
 
I have like others reverted to build 003 and cross egg is working well. I will stay on this build till a solution with epg is found. Took mins to do that to image manager

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
The EPG manual download doesn't propagate on fresh install on the latest version 3.0 808 or the latest version Zeus.

Tried everything and it would not propagate on manual download, so I set the schedule download and boom! Instant propagation of the channel list.

The manual download doesn't seem to save properly e.g it instantly moves on from saving, the scheduled download shows the VIX busy cursor on screen for a while.

So scheduled download works fine - manual does not.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The EPG manual download doesn't propagate on fresh install on the latest version 3.0 808 or the latest version Zeus.

Tried everything and it would not propagate on manual download, so I set the schedule download and boom! Instant propagation of the channel list.

The manual download doesn't seem to save properly e.g it instantly moves on from saving, the scheduled download shows the VIX busy cursor on screen for a while.

So scheduled download works fine - manual does not.

tried your way mate but still no go
 
Yea noticed mine hasn't been updating since the 17th. Would have to check to see what image version I was on then.

At least the main men know about this issue, and I'm sure, when they have the time, (let's not forget this isn't a multinational corporation and some may work shifts!) they will sort it easily.

Luckily, BBC 1, 2, ITV and channel 4 epg data is there. So the mrs auto timers will still work lol. Hate the text at work "this 'thing' hasn't worked again, it's not working now"

Simple answer..... LEARN!! I had too.

That response didn't go down too well though lol
 
should be fixed in Build 008.

Hi Andy
Having the same issue as others with my solo2 which i am sure will be fixed soon.
just wanted to say that on XP1000 the old issue that occurred in the early builds of crossepg 0.7 (xp1000 and et-9x00) is back.
cross epg takes 10 mins but never finishes (Maximum loop exceded in the log)

Crossepg log file attached
View attachment crossepg.log
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top