Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Motor problem

lfc84

Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2011
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Points
6
I've got vix image running on a solo2 and using a Stab hh motor.

If I select anything more westerly of 5W the dish will move from 19e (for example) and then reach 5w where it stops and then moves back towards the east.

I was using openvix 6.2.002 so I flashed a new image.

It worked perfectly for an hour. I could get everything I needed over to 30w and back east.

I took an image backup.

I was doing some channel zapping, perhaps impatiently and the problem had reoccurred. I notice that if I move to a sat and the channel remains encrypted the dish will automatically move to the previous channel on another sat.

I've set my location co-ords in the vix image and currently can go from 5w to various sats in the east.

I've turned off limits in the image.

I've installed a new image and setup from scratch. Still same problems.

I also restored my backup image and have the same problems.

My location means that 5w is due south, in case that matters
 
I can't reproduce this, and encryption is nothing to do with moving the dish.
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    23 KB · Views: 5
Have a look for a new motor mine went
 
It sounds like the motor needs to be replaced. Very strange that it worked for 30 minutes on the new image but then went faulty again.

Any recommendations for a new motor ?
 
I had a similar issue with a Stab motor. I'm at 6W, so my motor zero position (due south) is there. I could receive 5W and all sats east, but it wouldn't move west of the zero position on the motor with a USALS command. I could drive it west manually, but disecq wouldn't work. I replaced it with a dark motor from the sponsor and have had no issues.
 
Yes agree u need a new motor
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top