G
galway1411
Guest
Hi all,
Just want to say first of all thanks to this site for all the information and help it has provided me in setting up my first linux receiver. I received it last week and stuck on the latest vix zeus image which is fantastic - I can't believe how easy it is to get it going with the built in feeds plugins etc. and how responsive it is... Anyway the issue i am having is mounting a network share from a freecom network drive which is a samba share I believe.
I have installed the samba and client from the menu's and then I have mounted the drive using the mount manager. I have used autofs for mount as needed and left the username and password blank as i don't believe any is required. anyway the mount shows up in mount manager with the green globe and a green tick to show everything seems to be in order. However when i try to browse the network nothing shows up except for my TM Nano. I have download the file browser extension and gone to media/autofs and nothing displays? am i missing something or how should I be able to view the files on the drive assuming it has mounted properly.
Thanks guys
Just want to say first of all thanks to this site for all the information and help it has provided me in setting up my first linux receiver. I received it last week and stuck on the latest vix zeus image which is fantastic - I can't believe how easy it is to get it going with the built in feeds plugins etc. and how responsive it is... Anyway the issue i am having is mounting a network share from a freecom network drive which is a samba share I believe.
I have installed the samba and client from the menu's and then I have mounted the drive using the mount manager. I have used autofs for mount as needed and left the username and password blank as i don't believe any is required. anyway the mount shows up in mount manager with the green globe and a green tick to show everything seems to be in order. However when i try to browse the network nothing shows up except for my TM Nano. I have download the file browser extension and gone to media/autofs and nothing displays? am i missing something or how should I be able to view the files on the drive assuming it has mounted properly.
Thanks guys


