Hi friends,
A very straightforward question which I think may have been answered in past but I've not been able to find an answer to using the forum search :
I have an existing et9x00 box running latest OpenVix Hades. It has a 1TB WD external hard drive connected to it through USB. This is mounted as the primary drive /hdd. For some reasons, I decided NOT to install the HDD inside. The HDD has my program recordings as well some personal media files.
I recently bought a new Vu+ Duo2 (without a fitted HDD) from WoS. This is running OpenVix 3.2.003
I now plan to install the aforesaid HDD in the Vu+ Duo2. I don't have to remove the HDD from the casing..its actually an internal HDD that I've installed in a HDD USB dock.
Question : If I install the aforesaid HDD into the Vu+ Duo2, will I lose my recordings or would it automatically detect a pre-initialized HDD and just work straightaway? If not, do I need to modify/add/delete some files on the HDD and/or the STB to ensure it gets detected without losing the content on the drive?
I thought I'd ask on the forum instead of trying and risking losing my media files.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers.
A very straightforward question which I think may have been answered in past but I've not been able to find an answer to using the forum search :
I have an existing et9x00 box running latest OpenVix Hades. It has a 1TB WD external hard drive connected to it through USB. This is mounted as the primary drive /hdd. For some reasons, I decided NOT to install the HDD inside. The HDD has my program recordings as well some personal media files.
I recently bought a new Vu+ Duo2 (without a fitted HDD) from WoS. This is running OpenVix 3.2.003
I now plan to install the aforesaid HDD in the Vu+ Duo2. I don't have to remove the HDD from the casing..its actually an internal HDD that I've installed in a HDD USB dock.
Question : If I install the aforesaid HDD into the Vu+ Duo2, will I lose my recordings or would it automatically detect a pre-initialized HDD and just work straightaway? If not, do I need to modify/add/delete some files on the HDD and/or the STB to ensure it gets detected without losing the content on the drive?
I thought I'd ask on the forum instead of trying and risking losing my media files.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers.
