Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

mutant hd51

  • Thread starter Thread starter steviesoitis
  • Start date Start date
S

steviesoitis

Guest
will there be an open vix image available any time soon for the mutant hd51 4k ? Very close to buying one but there doesn't seem to be any images out there yet as its so new, just wondering if and when there will be openvix for this receiver?
seems a very decent spec for the price at only £239 or maybe i should just get something else?
 
OpenATV and OpenPLI seem to be supported, I can't see a major reason it wouldn't get VIX and other support in the future - it's cheap, decent spec and from a known provider of reasonable standing afaik?

Also where are you sourcing from? The only place I'm aware that has it in stock/available is in the Netherlands unless I'm missing something obvious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
... but I would wait until the drivers stabilise or perhaps until the "others" arrive in time for Xmas :)
 
OpenATV and OpenPLI seem to be supported, I can't see a major reason it wouldn't get VIX and other support in the future - it's cheap, decent spec and from a known provider of reasonable standing afaik?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is a lot more involved in determining whether a receiver will receive official ViX support than cheap and decent spec. I can't go into the exact process as I'm no longer involved in that world but it's something no amount of speculating on the forum will influence.
 
It's £239 from xxxxxxx I emailed and they confirmed it's in stock
 
Agreed, I over simplified. If it were that easy Zgemma's would be supported and they're obviously not for a variety of very good reasons. VIX is nice (i'd not be on a vix specific forum if I wasn't a fan), but ATV and PLI are also very capable images so the way I see it, it comes down to this:

The HD51 is almost the same price as the solo2, but 3x faster, it's got more flash and a decent dual core ARM CPU, if you aren't bothered about FBC (saves an LNB upgrade or additional dish/new LNB) and can accomplish whatever usage you require with ATV or PLI then the mutant is a great deal. At some point WoS may stock them (the current mutant section seems like they're selling off stuff rather than supporting them) and VIX may support them at some point, it's very, very early days yet. The other options are wait 3-4 months or spend £110 more for a Solo4k with FBC and £60+ on an LNB upgrade, more like £85+ if you need another dish. FBC is tempting, but including a spare dish and LNB that's almost £200 extra, you can almost have two HB51's for that.
 
Last edited:
There's a number of bugs that need fixing before an image gets released. Also sept/October new stock due that will be cheaper. Batch on sale right now is 1st production batch.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Agreed, I over simplified. If it were that easy Zgemma's would be supported and they're obviously not for a variety of very good reasons. VIX is nice (i'd not be on a vix specific forum if I wasn't a fan), but ATV and PLI are also very capable images so the way I see it, it comes down to this:

The HD51 is almost the same price as the solo2, but 3x faster, it's got more flash and a decent dual core ARM CPU, if you aren't bothered about FBC (saves an LNB upgrade or additional dish/new LNB) and can accomplish whatever usage you require with ATV or PLI then the mutant is a great deal. At some point WoS may stock them (the current mutant section seems like they're selling off stuff rather than supporting them) and VIX may support them at some point, it's very, very early days yet. The other options are wait 3-4 months or spend £110 more for a Solo4k with FBC and £60+ on an LNB upgrade, more like £85+ if you need another dish. FBC is tempting, but including a spare dish and LNB that's almost £200 extra, you can almost have two HB51's for that.

One thing I can say with absolute certainty is that that zgemma shite will never have ViX support.
 
Larry you always make me smile by not mincing your words ha ha... #bringbackpheonix

never have and never will. Thanks for the vote mate but Phoenix is dead and won't be coming back.
 
I did say 'very good reasons' ;) They probably sold a hell of a lot of boxes off the back of ripping off that VIX image and basically dumped support for it on VIX. Kind of odd that another respected image team picked them up.
 
Last edited:
i did say 'very good reasons' ;)

some of which include a total lack of any real quality control and absolutely no safety certifications what so ever.

It's cheap shite that's very likely to result in a fiery death for some unlucky user sooner or later.

About time trading standards pulled their thumbs out of their arses and banned this trash from general sale in the uk. Won't prevent greedy sellers getting them in the country but will at least show users how dangerous these things really are.
 
Yep, they're cheap and the on paper spec is good, that's about all I can say that's positive. With the likes of the OS mini now being priced as it is, then I don't really see a place for them in the market long term except in the lowest end of things. Lets be honest the parent company has a history for hit and run production and sooner or later they'll stop making them and pop up as something else.
 
Yep, they're cheap and the on paper spec is good, that's about all I can say that's positive. With the likes of the OS mini now being priced as it is, then I don't really see a place for them in the market long term except in the lowest end of things. Lets be honest the parent company has a history for hit and run production and sooner or later they'll stop making them and pop up as something else.

I fully agree and I do understand that most users simply can't afford to pay hundreds of pounds for a receiver, but it's no excuse for buying trash. I'd probably still be using my old dm 7020 is if it were not for the test boxes I received while I was a tester / dev for ViX. other teams can do what they want, while I may no longer be a member of ViX, ViX is still the only image I use except for BH every now and then.
 
Just a heads up for anyone, this box is now available for £199 delivered with single tuner.
 
Last edited:
Do these use Broadcom tuners or something else please? I haven't been able to find that info yet but did read a comment saying the SD quality was very good in comparison to an Xtrend box but it was Google translated so I may have the wrong end of the stick.
 
Mut@nt & Xtrend 4K receivers using the boring traditional tuners... hehe [emoji13]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Agree it's bleeding edge as mentioned above, I'd personally not go in on one now as a main box, but if you don't mind buying on the basis it'll be a bumpy ride to begin with and for several months after, then you have the option. The same seller regularly pulls the same stunt from memory - I only ever see them used in launch situations iirc.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top