Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

mutant hd51

  • Thread starter Thread starter steviesoitis
  • Start date Start date
Hello Guys
I really appreciate that OpenViX team is going to make an image for mutant hd 51. Does anybody know if the new Open Vix image will support OpenATV multiboot feature? I have ATV 5.3 in partition 1 and partition 2 (different configuration), in partition 3 HDFreaks image and for partition 4 I would like to
use Open ViX image.
Thank you in advance.

Without naming names, another 'VIX based' image is available already for the HD51.
 
Thanks for fast reply. I'm not any linux-guru and my english is not goog enough to understand everything you wrote. But as I know for example OpenPLi is not possible to use with ATV multiboot because it takes whole 4GB flash for image as a one partition. ATV image divides 4GB flash into four partitions each 1GB and each can be used for image flashing. So my concern regarding OpenViX image was that it could handle 4GB flash similar way as OpenPLi. I don't want use multiboot with USB flash etc..

View attachment 50985
Basically when you flash the ViX image, it goes into one of the partitions..... I haven,t followed up but when the image is built it can be set up to use either of 2 options, use the whole 4GB or format into the 4 partitions ..... I am assuming that any OE-A image will use the latter option., whilst OpenPli uses the 1st.option.
 
Without naming names, another 'VIX based' image is available already for the HD51.
..... and why would you use that?
I tend to run my own builds using OpenViX as a base, but depend on all the hard work and support from the ViX team and certainly would not push any thing I did outside of OpenViX.... and I wouldn,t support somebody that pushes a Vix alternative.
 
..... and why would you use that?
I tend to run my own builds using OpenViX as a base, but depend on all the hard work and support from the ViX team and certainly would not push any thing I did outside of OpenViX.... and I wouldn,t support somebody that pushes a Vix alternative.

You could set up your own build environment and go the DIY route, but lets be honest that's not for everyone, and as soon as WoS have stock, a OpenViX image will be made available. To me that's essentially that's what each image team did at some point, it strikes me as ironic that anyone would object to others doing the same, as long as the licence is complied with and the source given credit then I don't see the problem, without that happening we wouldn't have OpenViX.
 
Without naming names, another 'VIX based' image is available already for the HD51.

From people who wouldn't give a crap about stopping support whenever it suits them or when they no longer sell the product stop support. Using the ViX name for their own benefits. How many E2 images did they stop soon as the product was not longer available?

Any more posts about these guys and they will be deleted.
 
You could set up your own build environment and go the DIY route, but lets be honest that's not for everyone, and as soon as WoS have stock, a OpenViX image will be made available. To me that's essentially that's what each image team did at some point, it strikes me as ironic that anyone would object to others doing the same, as long as the licence is complied with and the source given credit then I don't see the problem, without that happening we wouldn't have OpenViX.
But they are using a build thats not fully tested and may give problems, so who do you think they will expect to fix?:)
Even OpenAtv who have been building for some time are still making changes for this receivers image .. i feel strongly about this because of the fact that "they" have released an image based on un released code
 
Last edited:
Hi Guys,
In hope its aprpriate to ask here, Can some tell me how to find out which REMOTE control code is used in the Mutant HD 51 please.

Thx
 
does anyone know how to find the remote code ??? I cant seem to see it in the linked list above.
Thx
 
What exactly do you mean by 'remote code'? What do you need it for?
It looks like you want to use a universal R/C for the 5, correct? If so, you need to ask the manufacturer of that R/C, as he's the one who knows what codes he uses (there is no general code list).
 
What exactly do you mean by 'remote code'? What do you need it for?
It looks like you want to use a universal R/C for the 5, correct? If so, you need to ask the manufacturer of that R/C, as he's the one who knows what codes he uses (there is no general code list).

Jep you got it right5 I mean the codes used to operate the tuner via is remote control. The remotes have a special CODE which has all the functions of the remote that it works with. Iam looking for that code so I can use a universal remote such as the Logitech Harmony 650, to control the tuner.
I was told that the remote code was somewhere in the firmware of each tuner but have no idea where to find the code.
If I need to go to theMFGR of the box MUT@NT can somebody tell who themanufacturer of the MUT@NT HD 51 is??
I have googled but have not come up with anything except for distributors and they wont give out their source.

Thanx anyway for responding Rob van der Does, I appreciate you helping.

Rob
 
If anyone is interested the manufacturerer is Mutant-digital their internet adres is
Code:
http://www.mutant-digital.net

Rob
 
Jep you got it right5 I mean the codes used to operate the tuner via is remote control. The remotes have a special CODE which has all the functions of the remote that it works with. Iam looking for that code so I can use a universal remote such as the Logitech Harmony 650, to control the tuner.
I was told that the remote code was somewhere in the firmware of each tuner but have no idea where to find the code.
If I need to go to theMFGR of the box MUT@NT can somebody tell who the manufacturer of the MUT@NT HD 51 is??
I have googled but have not come up with anything except for distributors and they wont give out their source.

Thanx anyway for responding Rob van der Does, I appreciate you helping.

Rob
Most universal R/C's need a code that is provided by the manufacturer of that R/C, not the manufacturer of the STB.
The Harmony 650 however can, if the STB is not in the Logitech database, learn all commands from the original R/C. It will take you some time to learn them all, but it's a one time only job.
 
which ccam to use for mutant hd51

can anyone tell me which cccam version is working on mutant hd51. i have downloaded the 2.1.3 and 2.2.1 from openvix.co.uk but when u press ok/green button to activate the cam it does not get it activated and cccam crashing after that

anyone else facing same problem
 
Yes: none.
There is only a (very old and not maintained) CCcam for mipsel boxes.
AFAIK there's only one softcam for ARM-boxes, and that's Oscam (with is working fine and being maintained on a daily basis).
 
can anyone tell me which cccam version is working on mutant hd51. i have downloaded the 2.1.3 and 2.2.1 from openvix.co.uk but when u press ok/green button to activate the cam it does not get it activated and cccam crashing after that

anyone else facing same problem

Google 'CCcam to OSCAM Converter'.
 
can anyone tell me which cccam version is working on mutant hd51. i have downloaded the 2.1.3 and 2.2.1 from openvix.co.uk but when u press ok/green button to activate the cam it does not get it activated and cccam crashing after that

anyone else facing same problem

I think it was Rob who said in a earlier thread to download another image with Oscam already built into it. Save it to desktop then reload Vix seems a lot easier way than Cccam to Oscam converter.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Some basic configs are being prepared, but there's plenty of oscam info available via google.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hi, I have installed Vix Blue HD skin on my HD51 but I would like to make some changes when after pressing the epg button, I would like to change the yellow button function from epg search to -24hrs and the blue button from add autotimer to +24hrs is this possible?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top