Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

mutant hd51

  • Thread starter Thread starter steviesoitis
  • Start date Start date
I have just checked mine and it also is low 30's. I do not have a motorised dish. Checked the other boxes in my house (VU Solo , Edision and VU Zero) and they are in the 80's.
 
Yes same here. Doesn't seem to affect things although I am unsure what it would affect.
Will have to wait for the fix. Well done Mutant for looking to sort it quickly.
 
So how easy will it be to update this driver then please as this box is for a friend that I got for him I don't really want to send it back to be honest

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
 
As its a driver change, the easiest thing would be to ftp over the new drivers to the image when available.
 
So how easy will it be to update this driver then please as this box is for a friend that I got for him I don't really want to send it back to be honest

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Once drivers are released they will be automatically added to OpenViX online up date.
 
Very few new boxes get released with everything working correctly these days that's the big down side of buying new hardware im afraid but then they should not be selling unfinished box and telling buyers things will be fixed with driver updates in the future is not the best way to run a business and is bad for buyers and sellers
 
Very few new boxes get released with everything working correctly these days that's the big down side of buying new hardware im afraid but then they should not be selling unfinished box and telling buyers things will be fixed with driver updates in the future is not the best way to run a business and is bad for buyers and sellers

Afraid with any hardware there is no guarantee that there will not be issues, even with very good thorough testing and quality control ...... be grateful many are fixable with new drivers or firmware :)
The real problem is when its a chip design issue or production issue like with HDD's ... and that can ( and has) happened :)

However, I do agree that this year, one outfit did ship a product that was obviously not ready for normal customers :)
 
So how easy will it be to update this driver then please as this box is for a friend that I got for him I don't really want to send it back to be honest

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

We have been testing drivers to fix your issue, all good. Should be released soon.
 
Very few new boxes get released with everything working correctly these days that's the big down side of buying new hardware im afraid but then they should not be selling unfinished box and telling buyers things will be fixed with driver updates in the future is not the best way to run a business and is bad for buyers and sellers

Because those same manufacturers have come to rely on muppets like us mate.

We spoiled them with all the free testing we did in the early days, finding every bug we could just to get a finished image to run on their hardware. now they just expect the teams to do half the work for them so they can release half finished machines knowing any team will gladly gouge the eyes out of another in the hope to be the first out with a image for them.
 
Afraid with any hardware there is no guarantee that there will not be issues, even with very good thorough testing and quality control ...... be grateful many are fixable with new drivers or firmware :)
The real problem is when its a chip design issue or production issue like with HDD's ... and that can ( and has) happened :)

However, I do agree that this year, one outfit did ship a product that was obviously not ready for normal customers :)

I should think he (bassethound) kinda knows that already mate, considering he was one of the original ViX beta testers him self. Just saying in case you didn't know.
 
Drivers tested and work, so should be in next release:)
 
hello everyone, its been a while.
i've just bought one of these from your good selves and was initially impressed. the speed of the box is very impressive but i was a bit disappointed by the normal hd picture from the box. the sd picture is shocking. Indeed when i live paused it against a 3 year old amiko alien box i've been using there was a lot of detail lost in the picture. In fact the picture is better from an openbox v8 that i'm using upstairs.
can anyone shed some light on this? i've got it going into a very expensive samsung 4k tv. settings are 1080i and 50hz. i've tried all different variations to be honest. does this box need to go into a special hdmi slot or something?
any pointers welcome.....lee
 
So I guess your "expensive" Samsung 4K is upconverting the 1080i. When you have a 4K receiver (HD51) why don,t you try output at 2160?
I output to a 4K monitor and both 1080 and 2160 from the hd51 is really really good.... even SD is better than my other receivers.
So I would first choose a picture setting on the Samsung that turns off all the Samsung tweaks and try again.

What is the Samsung model?
 
So I guess your "expensive" Samsung 4K is upconverting the 1080i. When you have a 4K receiver (HD51) why don,t you try output at 2160?
I output to a 4K monitor and both 1080 and 2160 from the hd51 is really really good.... even SD is better than my other receivers.
So I would first choose a picture setting on the Samsung that turns off all the Samsung tweaks and try again.

What is the Samsung model?

When I say "expensive" it was when it first came out. It's a 55" HU7500 Smart 3D UHD 4K LED TV. I've tried the 2160 setting and it's no better. It also turns my slyk skin blurry. I'm also getting motion blur now. Just noticed it on the chase.
There was a setting on the telly to turn one of the hdmi slots to UHD. This is when the source is UHD. This made no difference. I'm struggling to find any setting on TV to turn up scaling off tbh.
 
It's the strange, I can see it has 11 pages, I can log out and view all 11 pages, but when I log in I can't get past page 9. Lee in order to improve the SD quality make sure you're on the movie/cinema setting for the screen, Samsung have a habit (like other OEM's) for trying to enable motion compensation and processing as default except on the cinema setting. You may notice a significant difference in PQ by changing over.
 
I'm struggling to find any setting on TV to turn up scaling off tbh.
You can't.
The screen simply has 4,096 by 2,160 pixels that have to be fed with information. Any source delivering a different resolution will be scaled to match the physical size of the screen.
Main point is: scaling should whenever possible only be done once. So when using an UHD telly the very best way is either to set the box to output UHD, or to use AutoResolution to let the output match with video contents.
 
Tried the autoresolution and that produced a 2 or 3 second pause when flicking through channels so i turned it back to 1080i and 50hz.
I turned the judder reduction and blur reduction up on the tv settings and that seemed to have done the trick.
The judder was set to zero as I'd never had a problem before this box. I've put it on 4 and the motion problems have gone.
I'm a bit limited at the minute as my dish is mis-aligned due to some scaffolding that was on my house last week. I'm getting a new dish and quad lnb fitted on Monday. Then all the real fun of channels not clearing will begin.

Thanks for your help chaps.....Lee
 
Tried the autoresolution and that produced a 2 or 3 second pause when flicking through channels....
That's indeed the case when ooutput resolution changes.
.....so i turned it back to 1080i and 50hz.
Why not multi? You never have any 25/30/60Hz video contents?

The judder was set to zero as I'd never had a problem before this box. I've put it on 4 and the motion problems have gone.
That's a strange one. Normally ALL so-called "picture quality 'enhancers' " should be turned off.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top