Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Narrator voice on Virgin channels

  • Thread starter Thread starter mr e
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mr e

Guest
hi all. ever since i've updated my software online,I keep getting the narrators voice on most of the hd channels. It was fine before that and i've not changed any settings. I have 2 boxes a vu solo se and a xtrend 10000, they are both having the same issues. I have tried the audio button on my remote but there is only 1 option there NAR. it wont let mechange the NAR option. Any ideas please?
 
The AC3 audio usually does not have the narration, do you have that setup properly.
 
The AC3 audio usually does not have the narration, do you have that setup properly.

I have the same problem lincsat, not only narration on movies but sound gone completely on some sshd channels and eurosport 1 and 2 HD so something has changed at VM's end i think
 
The AC3 audio usually does not have the narration, do you have that setup properly.
As far as I know..i never had the problem until today. I've set the language to English but I'm getting the narrator on the movie channels.
 
I have the same problem lincsat, not only narration on movies but sound gone completely on some sshd channels and eurosport 1 and 2 HD so something has changed at VM's end i think
I've just checked mine, & I've got the same issue. No sound on sly sports main event & eurosport 1 & 2
 
It's all over the forums. What are VM up to now! :-)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
 
What are VM up to now! :-)

No good by looks of it :-( , VM must be sending a new audio stream that 3rd party boxes dont seem to be able to recognize, hopefully image creators can find a quick fix or more than likely an image upgrade but i aint holding my breath.
 
No good by looks of it :-( , VM must be sending a new audio stream that 3rd party boxes dont seem to be able to recognize, hopefully image creators can find a quick fix or more than likely an image upgrade but i aint holding my breath.
So you don't expect a quick fix?


Streaming to VLC and Kodi on a pc appears to work ok (another image forum).
 
Last edited:
You can fix this by altering the lamedb with an editor like e-channelizer. You need to manually set the AC3 Audio PID and the Video PID then disable the automatic updating. On Sky News HD for example, Video PID is 309 and AC3 Audio PID is 331.

Looks like VM have altered the stream information so the Enigma boxes can't read it properly
 
It’s ok in SD but all HD films like it with NAV stuck on
has anyone else lost HD sport to ?
 
No just checked seems like all HD has NAV stuck on
 
You can fix this by altering the lamedb with an editor like e-channelizer. You need to manually set the AC3 Audio PID and the Video PID then disable the automatic updating. On Sky News HD for example, Video PID is 309 and AC3 Audio PID is 331.

Looks like VM have altered the stream information so the Enigma boxes can't read it properly

I’ve tried this but still no sound? Could you post a screenshot from e-channelizer please?
 
I’ve tried this but still no sound? Could you post a screenshot from e-channelizer please?

Not right now as working from an old and slow lappy. You do need to set the 1st 3 flags to on to stop your changes being overwritten



Edit: I think I've managed it

EC.webp
 
Last edited:
Not right now as working from an old and slow lappy. You do need to set the 1st 3 flags to on to stop your changes being overwritten

Cheers lincsat it’s working


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I have the same issue. I cant seem to download E-Channelizer
 
Cheers lincsat it’s working


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABM does still overwrite the settings, even with the flags set to keep, so disable your ABM scans until someone smarter than me figures that out :)
 
ABM does still overwrite the settings, even with the flags set to keep, so disable your ABM scans until someone smarter than me figures that out :)

Cheers lincsat, I’ve sorted all my channels and now everything working ok. I use my own channel list so I’m ok but hope ABM gets sorted for people that use it :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top