Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Network Dropping

dpullen87

Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2014
Messages
356
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Age
39
Hello

My solo 2 has recently been dropping its network connection, it drops for around 30 seconds then starts back up again almost like it resets itself.

Are there any network logs I can look at troubleshoot the issue, or are there any commands i can use to try and workout what’s going on?

When it drops i can't access webif and can't access the plugin downloads, but i can get to the internet still via Wi-Fi on my phone.

It has only recently started happening and wonder if it’s a possible bug or setup issue?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
 
Do you have/use the mgcamd softcam?
 
No as i had problems with it crashing and I removed it.
 
Did you do a clean/fresh usb flash to 18 (with no restore of settings)?

What plugins apart from default do you have installed? Did you maybe recently install a plugin or something around same time you were experiencing this problem?

I don't have this issue on my Solo2 with fresh flash to 18 with no plugins except mgcamd.
 
Hi,
is the Solo2 connected to a switch? If yes which brand?

ciao
 
No it goes through tplink homeplugs direct to the my asus rt-n66u router.

Homeplugs are plugged directly into the wall socket and not into any power extensions.
 
No it goes through tplink homeplugs direct to the my asus rt-n66u router.

Homeplugs are plugged directly into the wall socket and not into any power extensions.
To rule out the homeplugs, could you connect your laptop or something similar via ethernet and those homeplugs and maybe stream something to see if you notice internet go off again.

Ideally, using existing homeplug as they are and same ethernet cable as well that you have in back of your box. Also, make sure your laptop has been disconnected from wifi first.
 
Are there no logs i can look at to determine what caused the disconnect?
 
Homeplugs are your likely cause. Hardwired is always the best option to go with.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I know what you mean buddy. I used to have homeplugs but bit the bullet n bought an ethernet switch n hardwired around my house. (out, down walls in back in) Was worth hassle in the end.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Homeplugs are your likely cause. Hardwired is always the best option to go with.
I use homeplugs and don't have an issue and never had. However, my house is about 12 years old so wiring is good. A house with old wiring I'm guessing could be issue.

Are there no logs i can look at to determine what caused the disconnect?
I would swap ethernet from back of box to your laptop like I mentioned.

I know it's a pain but it's a case of narrowing down cause of your problem.
 
Last edited:
I have used home plugs for years and never had a problem. To tell you the truth though they are the most expensive ones i could find so that might be why they have never let me down.
 
Thanks for all the replies.

I've done a fresh install of Hades 18 and setup a static address instead of using DHCP and will see how it goes, don't think the wife will be too keen on me punching holes in the wall to hard wire :thumbsup:
 
don't think the wife will be too keen on me punching holes in the wall to hard wire :thumbsup:
Maybe use a drill? ;) I've never had much luck with homeplugs, but even if they've been working well, they do go faulty (also the newer models are a lot better than ones a few years old). You could try enabling debug logging and then check that once the connection is back... Although if it's a network/connection issue it probably won't say much, you could also order a couple of new homeplugs from Amazon and if they don't fix it send em back.
 
My VU+ solo has this same problem...connected via ethernet cable to Router...dropps off the network at randon intervals. ping times out for 3 then reconnects...dometimes get host unreachable...
 
My VU+ solo has this same problem...connected via ethernet cable to Router...dropps off the network at randon intervals. ping times out for 3 then reconnects...dometimes get host unreachable...

Most cases its a router problem.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I've got other recievers connected to the hub that don't drop off the network (openbox V8) Is there a setting on the hub that I can change/modify?
 
My VU+ solo has this same problem...connected via ethernet cable to Router...dropps off the network at randon intervals. ping times out for 3 then reconnects...dometimes get host unreachable...
Do you use mgcamd? It could be a logging issue within mg_cfg setting files if so.
 
I noticed the symptoms when connecting to the box from my laptop using Webif...kept hanging. So using Ping -t I monitored the connection and noticed the drop outs
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top