Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Zgemma H7] Network name not /etc/hostname

machare

New member
Joined
Jul 19, 2011
Messages
339
Reaction score
0
Points
0
When I use Windows 10 File Explorer, my Zgemmah H7S appears with the name ZGEMMAH in the Network section. This is not the same as the name in /etc/hostname. Where is the ZGEMMAH held? Can I either change that or how do I ensure that /etc/hostname is used?
 
I believe it stops at spaces or special characters, so if you put ZGEMMAH 7S or ZGEMMAH.7S, then only ZGEMMAH will display
 
Thanks. Zgemma-H7S is shown as ZGEMMA-H7S. I had a space instead of the hyphen! Looks like lower case letters are now shown as such though they are shown correctly somewhere in the Vix menu network settings.
 
Hi,
when you use the Windows Explorer it will be samba so take a look at /etc/samba or something. Normally hostname should be used there also.

ciao
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top