Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GI-XPEED LX3] Network Share/Hard Disk Partition

dfox

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2012
Messages
441
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
41
Hi, i have just set up my TM Single in the bedroom which has no HDD connected or installed. So i am going to set up a network share to my LX3 downstairs which has a 500gb HDD. I was just wondering is it possible to partition the HDD in the LX3 to enable epg data etc to be stored?
 
would you not use a usb for epg and set that up that way:thumbsup:
 
Yes if I cannot create a partition on the HDD that will be the route I will take. Thanks
 
Your better of buying a cheap stick and using that.

If the hdd is in deep standby and twin wakes you probably won't get epg
 
Your better of buying a cheap stick and using that.

If the hdd is in deep standby and twin wakes you probably won't get epg

Yeah I think I will. Cheers for the replies guys

I am trying to set up the network mount, when I browse the network neighbourhood I can see my other box but when I click on it it doesnt expand to show the HDD to select?
 
Last edited:
you could use NFS to setup up network to LX3. i did similar on solo2 and vu zero
 
you could use NFS to setup up network to LX3. i did similar on solo2 and vu zero

Hi John Doe,

I have installed NFS on both of the receivers but when I look at the network neighbourhood my TM Single can see the LX3 downstairs but when I select it to see the drop down boxes to select the HDD nothing happens?
 
Scrap that its working now
 
good old reboot:D

Yeah, had already rebooted once and it didn't show up but rebooted again and bam, just answered my own question though about storing epg data on a network share
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top