Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

NEW myNOVUM Skin

@fast65
For receiver with VIX Image (openATV to, with little changes). But you can try with another images to.

And here the Update Vs.1.4. Greetings.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

Here the update vs.2.4.

GraphEPG changed; Zapnumber now with channelname. Please use again the "old" renderer. Greetings.
 

Attachments

  • screenshot_2013_06_02_13_37_17.webp
    screenshot_2013_06_02_13_37_17.webp
    57.9 KB · Views: 39
  • screenshot_2013_06_02_13_51_57.webp
    screenshot_2013_06_02_13_51_57.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 31
  • screenshot_2013_06_02_16_03_28.webp
    screenshot_2013_06_02_16_03_28.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 30
  • myNOVUM_HD vs.2.4.zip
    myNOVUM_HD vs.2.4.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 4
Update vs.2.6

For Ecm in Info/Secondinfobar use please the Converter (DMCHD...file). After unpack, the file to the box via FTP: usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter. Greetings.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi @ Nashu,

I have a quick enquiry - I hope you don't mind. Do you use an XML Schema editor similar to e2skinner for skin.xml, that helps with skin design and WYSIWYG or preview of the skin component layouts on the screen as you edit? Any help or pointers in this regard as better alternatives to Notepad++ or PSPad, mainly with layout preview would be great,

Thanks!
 
Hello sigpark,
I changed the skin and for the editing, I can use now the E2 skinner. For this, I use a trick: I delete the "Aliases..." part of the fonts in the skin.xml. After editing the skin with the E2 Skinner, I do back this part to the fonts. You can not see the .otf fonts with the E2 skinner, but it works. Greetings.

"<!-- Aliases that should be present -->
<alias name="Body" font="Regular" size="20" height="25"/>
<alias name="ChoiceList" font="Regular" size="20" height="25"/>
<alias name="TextNormal" font="Regular" size="20" height="24"/>"
 
Last edited:
Update vs.3.0

More screens included: ShoutCast, VPS, Aspect Ratio Switch Setup, 3D Settings, MediaInfosetup & Media Info etc. Greetings. Greetings.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Update vs.3.1.

Buttons a little bit changed; few screens also. Greetings.
 

Attachments

Update vs.3.3.

RemotePlayer screen fixed. Screen for the InfobarGraphEPG included;volume screen changed. QuickEPG, IMDB screens a little bit changed. The font in the Extended Description and the font colour of RecordSelected from GraphEPG changed (now white) etc. Greetings.
 

Attachments

@ Nashu.

I have amended your first post with your new preview screen shots.

Thanks for your hard work as always.
 
Thank you very, very much pheonix :). Greetings.
 
Hello sigpark,
I changed the skin and for the editing, I can use now the E2 skinner. For this, I use a trick: I delete the "Aliases..." part of the fonts in the skin.xml. After editing the skin with the E2 Skinner, I do back this part to the fonts. You can not see the .otf fonts with the E2 skinner, but it works. Greetings.

"<!-- Aliases that should be present -->
<alias name="Body" font="Regular" size="20" height="25"/>
<alias name="ChoiceList" font="Regular" size="20" height="25"/>
<alias name="TextNormal" font="Regular" size="20" height="24"/>"


Thanks Nashu. I have been doing a little reading on the forums and I see a number of folks have asked about editing some of the ViX stock skins - e.g. Vix Hd Night or Vix Magic Noire. I would like to add to your advice with what I have found out.

If you look at the skin.xml, you will see these ViX skins treat the "relative root" of the skin as their top level, with resources of the skin as sub folders of the skin parent template folder – i.e. the xml assumes \buttons or \fonts from the skin template root level attach point.
e2skinner looks for the resources from the perspective of its own resource subfolder skins - when you install the app e2skinner creates 4 subfolders - skins + xml + fonts + elements. I refer to e2skinner install folder as e2skinner/ after this point - it could be anything you choose when you extract the source of e2skinner

In Enigma2 skins are saved to /usr/share/enigma2. To use the e2skinner app with one of the ViX skins I suggest that you identify the common folder by opening the appropriate skin.xml and locating the <include lines - these will give you the skin "common components" - for the "Noire" skin it is MHDC, for Vix HD Night it is ViX-Common - you will see this easily.

Next use the following steps to set the source up to use with e2skinner editor

Step 1. There are a number of ways of achieving the following structure, but the easiest is to rename e2skinner\skins “skin folder” to “skins.old" and then create a new empty skins folder. Copy the two files background.jpg and prev.png to this new folder.

Step 2. Copy the full contents of the skin you wish to work on to the top level of the e2skiner/skins/ folder you have created - i.e. the contents of /usr/share/enigma2/Magic-HD-Noire to the e2skinner/skins/ folder level, maintaining the folder structure - just moving it up one level!

Step 3. Copy the parent template folder of the skin e.g. /usr/share/enigma2/Magic-HD-Noire to the e2skinner/skins/Magic-HD-Noire folder (e2skinner looks for skin.xml in a skin folder). It seems like you are doing it twice, but e2skinner needs the “skin” and also the skin resources at a tree level above the skin template for the relative references explained above.

Step 4. As the "common" resources are directly referred to from a "level up" folder reference point of view e.g. MHDC/window/ or ViX-Common/buttons/ etc, copy the “template” common folder identified already as a sub-folder of the e2skinner/skins/ structure that you are working on e.g. e2skinner/skin/MHDC/.

Step 5. Locate both the "main" skin.xml and the "common" skin.xml (from the common folder) and combine the two files into a single skin.xml, and save as skin.xml to the skin folder you created in step 2. e.g. e2skinner/skins/Magic-HD-Noire/skin.xml. Notepad++ is a good xml schema editor. Note, that you will identify the common xml as noted by "include" lines highlighted above.

This was tough to write clearly - I hope you think it is clear! Use e2skinner to edit e2skinner/skins/Magic-HD-Noire/skin.xml, errors will be none or minimal - I hope!

These "cheats" will allow you to use e2skinner to make ur mods, and you can then use an editor to paste back your changes into the original file structure. Good Luck! I have attached an example of e2skinner/skins/Magic-HD-Noire folder and the combined skin.xml file should be saved to e2skinner/skins/Magic-HD-Noire/skin.xml

skins folder structure example using magic hd noire.webp

P.S. Moderators - if you feel this reply should be posted else where please feel free to move - thanks
 
Last edited:
Update vs.3.8.

Few new screens included; the most screens a litle bit changed. Greetings.
 

Attachments

  • screenshot_2013_06_21_23_38_46.webp
    screenshot_2013_06_21_23_38_46.webp
    34 KB · Views: 40
  • screenshot_2013_06_22_18_03_32.webp
    screenshot_2013_06_22_18_03_32.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 38
  • screenshot_2013_06_22_11_06_42.webp
    screenshot_2013_06_22_11_06_42.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 41
  • screenshot_2013_06_25_10_37_59.webp
    screenshot_2013_06_25_10_37_59.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 37
  • screenshot_2013_06_21_06_53_33.webp
    screenshot_2013_06_21_06_53_33.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 34
  • myNOVUM_HD vs.3.8.zip
    myNOVUM_HD vs.3.8.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 3

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top