Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] New remote control suggestions

tomos

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2013
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hi All,

Could anyone suggest a good alternative remote to the standard remote that shipped with the Duo2

Thanks

Tom.
 
Hi,
Logitech Harmony. Best option Harmony 650 and up.

ciao
 
This vid might fix problems with duo2 remotes
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqesz7v7u1A
Just pencil it in, fixed buttons that before had to push down really hard
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ichi,
The video worked a treat, thanks a lot, Tomos.
 
The original Vu+ remote (new model: http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/image/cache/data/VU/VU-DUO2-REMOTE-500x500.jpg) is OK but not great. The problem is in the narrow and slippery buttons. Also the DVR buttons are in the upper part which is not handy at all if you want to operate them using your thumb. I find that Logitech Harmony 350 is much better (DVR buttons reachable by thumb) and of course programmable. The only problem is that you cannot program the Power Button to send a long signal (which has a power menu function in many boxes).
 
Not sure about the Harmony 350, but in all Harmonies 600 & up this is no problem at all.

You forgot to mention that the original RC doesn't have backlit buttons, like all Harmonies have.


Edit: there is no need to program long-power in the Harmony at all; that programming is done in the box (e.g. via 'button setup'). Just hold the power button for some time to send a long-button command.
 
I absolutely disagree; Logitech harmony all the way.
You can't even compare any device-RC with an activity based RC.

Have to agree with this. I can't abide the remote that came with my Solo4K. It's just too spongy for my liking.

I use a Harmony Ultimate, but they make sense really only if you have an amp with multiple inputs. I have Solo4k, Shield TV, Xbox One so makes all that nice and easy :-)
 
Have to agree with this. I can't abide the remote that came with my Solo4K. It's just too spongy for my liking.

I use a Harmony Ultimate, but they make sense really only if you have an amp with multiple inputs. I have Solo4k, Shield TV, Xbox One so makes all that nice and easy :-)

Are you selling the Vu+ remote then? [emoji6]
 
Are you selling the Vu+ remote then? [emoji6]
I would never do that; keep the box complete.
I only use an original VU-RC after a fresh install, as the default code is then '2', while my harmonies are setup for different codes for several VU's. But that's only for the first few button-punches.
 
Not sure about the Harmony 350, but in all Harmonies 600 & up this is no problem at all.

You forgot to mention that the original RC doesn't have backlit buttons, like all Harmonies have.

But the 350 does not have.

Edit: there is no need to program long-power in the Harmony at all; that programming is done in the box (e.g. via 'button setup'). Just hold the power button for some time to send a long-button command.

That's the thing, you cannot. Pressing the power button does not send a long command no matter how long you press the button. I had a long discussion about this with Logitech support and finally they confirmed that if you need the long power button command you have to use another button for it.
 
1- a 350 is just a device-RC; not one I would recommend.
2- All Harmonies I've ever used (555/600/900/1100) have no issues whatsoever sending a long-command.
 
Hi Rob,
i think he means the all off button.

Ralf

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
 
If that's the case he could use 'button setup' on the STB to let the (short)-power button do what he wants to achieve.

You cannot map "Power Menu" to a single command button. In the button setup you can only map the button to do one of the Power commands like Standby, Restart Enigma, Deep Standby. The Power Menu function is hardcoded to long power button press. At least it's in OpenVIX, no idea about other images.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top