Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

New user: How to specify a NAS drive for timer recordings?

  • Thread starter Thread starter polomora
  • Start date Start date
P

polomora

Guest
As a recent VU+ Duo owner with ViX installed, I have been very impressed with channel selection and EPG navigation. I found it more intuitive than OpenPLi.

Before installing an internal HDD, I wanted to see how recording to and playing back from a NAS drive works. I wasn't able to specify the network share for event and timeshift recording.

I specified the mount point to use using
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Mounts Setup -> Mount Manager -> Add new network mount point​
I verified that the share is mounted and is marked as active using
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Mounts Setup -> Mount Manager -> Mountpoints management​
I tried to select this share mount point for use by recordings
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Recording Settings -> Default movie location​
This is pre-initialised to /hdd/movies. When I press OK to select the location, the box displays
Default movie location
/hdd/movie/
- <Parent Directory>
- .Trash
---------------------
Bookmarks
/hdd/movie/​
However, there is no way to modify this setting. The up/down/left/right buttons don't work.

Have I missed something?

I decided to start all over again, and delete the share using
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Mounts Setup -> Mount Manager -> Mountpoints management ->Delete Mount​
The box hung up with the message that the mount was being deleted. After 30 minutes, I had to reboot the box. Afterwards, I realised that it was because I had forgotten to specify the mount's login credentials. When I did this, it worked immediately. Maybe a message needs to be displayed to the user to enter the login password?
 
I managed to sort it out. Not entirely obvious. Use the Menu button when in the lowest-level menu "Add new network mount point"
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top