Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] New VIX Image Vu+ Duo Version 2.4 15/05/2012 - DISCUSSION ONLY -

finally got evrything working perfect. nice surprise that i can use my tv remote to control the box via hdmi cec. has a few nice touches over the dm800se .. i am sold!.. is there anything similar to tspanel in vix? i like ts panel bcos it gives u a good description and preview and search.

no is the short answer

but TS panel is,nt that great either, its just a lazy way to do things, and it does cause problems on Vix images
 
can i map the record button to instantly record the current program running similar to how sly does it. and then hold record to bring up the menu that comes up usually when you hit record. need it for my gran might be one button too many for her
 
this might be trivial but how do i turn my box on from deep standby? i have got this image on but when in deep standby, the remote registers i can see the LED change but the power(stb) button doesn't turn the box on?
 
Hi ViX team, I like the new image 2.4 on my Duo. Unfortunately it crashes really often when playing MKV files. Problems occur when switching audio or pausing while playing an MKV file. The VIX image shows and it is not possible to control the box anymore. Even login via ssh is reeeeallly slow because enigma process takes 100% cpu time. Any ideas on how to fix this or what causes the problem?
 
MKV is not a specific format just a container your problem lies with how the files within the MKV were encoded, try coverting it to AVI or change the MKV parameters with a video converter
 
Just upgraded to this image and did an online update after that. Two questions:

1- The main menu pops up for no apparent reason (the menu you get after pressing 'Menu' on the remote). I thought my remote was misbehaving and I put it away. A few minutes later the main menu popped up again. Whenever I press 'Exit' it goes away only to pop up again in 10 or 15 minutes.

2- Whenever I do an online update it finds one update, but when I try to see what it is nothing is displayed (dialog empty). I approve the update and it reports that it is updated successfully, but when I check again it finds 1 update. It always finds 1 update but does not list anything like when I updated the first time after flashing (found about 94 updates then).

I appreciate any input. Especially for the menu problem. My box is the Vu+ Duo.
 
Just upgraded to this image and did an online update after that. Two questions:

1- The main menu pops up for no apparent reason (the menu you get after pressing 'Menu' on the remote). I thought my remote was misbehaving and I put it away. A few minutes later the main menu popped up again. Whenever I press 'Exit' it goes away only to pop up again in 10 or 15 minutes.

2- Whenever I do an online update it finds one update, but when I try to see what it is nothing is displayed (dialog empty). I approve the update and it reports that it is updated successfully, but when I check again it finds 1 update. It always finds 1 update but does not list anything like when I updated the first time after flashing (found about 94 updates then).

I appreciate any input. Especially for the menu problem. My box is the Vu+ Duo.
It looks like you restored settings from a previous build..........
 
MKV is not a specific format just a container your problem lies with how the files within the MKV were encoded, try coverting it to AVI or change the MKV parameters with a video converter

I know, but a had no problems with exactly these files on VIX 2.3. I wonder why the box crashes that way. Anyone else having this problem with 2.4?
 
Also if you go in to the Graphical EPG and press menu - you can reduce the width of them by modifying "Service Width"
 
It looks like you restored settings from a previous build..........

Nope. Fresh flash then settings using the wizard then update then upload a good bouquet set using Dreamset. Does using Dreamset for favorites also changes the settings? I thought it is only the favorites. Any solutions?
 
Cheers guys for the picon help. I have a bug report or at least I think it is a bug. When playing something eg. A video on drive or a stream accessing the list (the list of videos on pvr) and upon exiting this list, the video resets itself to the beginning.
 
Awesome new image just installed, EPG is displaying 8 screens per page, i know you can change it to less but i cannot find the option to lower it :p can anyone point me in the right direction
 
Hi guys;
I've been having a few lockup problems with the new image; it happens only occasionally while rewinding live TV.
I gather the plugins from the last image are not compatible; they were still there after loading 2.4. I've removed a few that I had added to the last image, but there are many plugins, and most of them look important.
Is there a list somewhere of which ones should be there?
Also, can I put open webif back in?
Thanks for everything.
 
Hi guys;
I've been having a few lockup problems with the new image; it happens only occasionally while rewinding live TV.
I gather the plugins from the last image are not compatible; they were still there after loading 2.4. I've removed a few that I had added to the last image, but there are many plugins, and most of them look important.
Is there a list somewhere of which ones should be there?
Also, can I put open webif back in?
Thanks for everything.

I assume you have used a settings backup from the earlier image in your install of ViX 2.4 ? if that is the case i would recommend that you do a fresh flash directly to ViX 2.4-155 and this time DO NOT use a settings backup, set the image up from scratch as it is almost certainly the case that your previous settings and plugins are the cause of your problems.
 
Pheonix;
No, i did not use a settings backup. I reset everything "by hand" after the new instal. my timers were all gone, so were my picture settings and channel list. I reloaded the channel list from dreambox edit on my PC, but I don't think anything other than the channel list gets uploaded from there. Am I wrong about that?


As far as I can tell, only a few plugins stayed; or they were new ones included in the download [?].
A lot of plugins become visible when I select "remove plugins", many look as if they might be essential.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top