Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] New VIX Image Vu+ Duo Version 2.4 15/05/2012 - DISCUSSION ONLY -

Hm, I DID restore settings - and it looks ok, except the permanent timeshift bug is still there (I get empty recordings when I try to save timeshift). While with VTI (latest build) that I tried the last few days, the permanent timeshift worked OK.
You saying that better reflash from scratch? I'll do that and come back again to post results.

Yep I made the mistake of restoring settings from 204 and it was awful. Did a fresh flash and setup from scratch - all ok :)
 
I would like to be able to just delete recordings I have watched rather that put them in a recycle bin and have to delete them from the bin is this possible it was in all other vix versions I have used
Why would you want to delete them from the bin? That goes all automated, according to your settings.
 
Ok, so couple of things I've noticed over build 204.

Good:
*HDD now stops spinning as it should
*More stable (memory leak gone?)
*Nicer EPG, now highlights whats currently showing in a different colour

Bad:
*HDMI-CEC - turns off Samsung TV but does not always turn on
*When watching a recording, in 204 the name was displayed on the box but now it shows the time elapsed and remaining
 
Bad:
*HDMI-CEC - turns off Samsung TV but does not always turn on
*When watching a recording, in 204 the name was displayed on the box but now it shows the time elapsed and remaining

Any HDMI-CEC issues are not image related and are due to VU's closed source driver only they can fix it
Do you not know what you are watching :D see a few posts back in this thread about this
 
Hi Guys,

Just switched over from 2.3 to 2.4, so far so good.

The new EPG layout is excellent!

Great work guys, my thanks to all involved!

GAH
 
Are there any plans or is their a way to make the EPG same as sky planner i.e having listings/titles " HD, Movies, Sport etc. " above the EPG ?
Currently when i press EPG button i first have to select listing from bouquet.
 
Liking the new image a lot, much slicker than 2.3 a big thumbs up from me :thumbsup:
 
When i install new vix 2.4, do i have to initialise my HDD or just remount?
 
just remount, if you initialise you will lose anything on there
 
Ok turns out my TV refuses to stay on Just Scan :( It keeps reverting back to 16:9, been on the phone to Samsung, it's a problem with the older models, the newer models are fine. :fart2: Would someone be kind enough to help me out on how to edit font colours in skins, not done any coding before. Would just like to change the orange/yellow colour font which shows epg on Vix Night HD in the channel list to blue :D Thanks in advance
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Would someone be kind enough to help me out on how to edit font colours in skins, not done any coding before. Would just like to change the orange/yellow colour font which shows epg on Vix Night HD in the channel list to blue :D Thanks in advance
Not the answer you are waiting for, but: best way is trial & error. If you download Magic-HD (via the feeds), open the skin.xml with a suitable editor (PSPad or Notepad++), compare it with the skin.xml in ViX-Night and look at the desired screen....... you have a starting point then.
Always make backups before trying out stuff like this!
 
Thank you for the new image. A couple of observations so far:

1. Transmission client is not available from the plugin list.
2. When you press the remote control button to view the contents of recorded programmes and then press the exit button, the broadcast programme temporarily stops, screen goes black and then transmission is resumed. I don't seem to recall this happening on earlier versions.

Thanks,

Earlier versions it did not go to live TV after a recording was stopped, it does now thats why theres a monetarily black screen
 
I would like to be able to just delete recordings I have watched rather that put them in a recycle bin and have to delete them from the bin is this possible it was in all other vix versions I have used

edogg

Set the size of the "use for recordings" settings to the maximum size of your HDD and it will auto delete them
 
Great work guys for the image and also for the 26 online updates. All working very smoothly.
 
On channel change in the Magic-HD skin when I zap to a channel or just press the ok button whilst on a channel I get extra buttons which I would like to hide.
THe buttons are
Single EPG (red) Timers (green) Search (orange) Extensions (blue)
I am pretty sure they were not in the old image

Can these buttons be hidden from the menus or are they a permanent feature of the skin ?
 
apologies. seems the problem had was actually due to a game setting on the tv which intensifies the brightness of the screen. It seems the TV has difficulty maintaining this game setting for an extended period of time and starts to play up. My son had changed to this setting but when I I put it back to normal mode everything has been fine. apologies for the inference that this was a vix problem
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top