Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] New VIX Image Vu+ Duo Version 2.4 15/05/2012 - DISCUSSION ONLY -

hi guys great image so far, but i think for some reason the HD picture is not as sharp as before ?!
 
hi guys great image so far, but i think for some reason the HD picture is not as sharp as before ?!

thats interesting, in that others report the opposite view, and this is the first ( as far as I know ) report regarding poorer HD quality
 
Before trying to intall this version I'd like to know i there's any SD skin that can be installed over.
As Rob knows I'm very fond of his MAGIC skin. And hopefully I would like to use it over the 2.4 version because it's really easy reading font size on every menu.

OR does the new font sizing feature on the 2.4 applies on every setting of the VIX image?
 
just installed vix2.4 on vu+duo...image seems to be a lot sharper, however, channel changing is slower then blackhole 1.7.4, some channels dont clear, using mgcamd 1.35 and 1.38, need to keep restarting cams...picture appears..the n after a bit if i go back to some movie channels etc....they dont clear...need to do that again..
 
Hi Guys,

Really pleased with the image, no issues at all up to now! Just a quick question, is there any chance that in future versions we will be able to view the EPG whilst a recording is playing back? I dont think it is possible at the moment(?)

Cheers
 
some channels dont clear, using mgcamd 1.35 and 1.38, need to keep restarting cams...picture appears..the n after a bit if i go back to some movie channels etc....they dont clear...need to do that again..

This has to be to do with the wrong MGcamd installed..

Vix team have never made a MGcamd 1.38.. I also had issues with that and dumped it while testing..

Went back to the Vix 135a and all has been perfect since..

Use these softcams only for the Vix image..

Click Here
 
Noticed in EPG I have picons displayed as well as the channel name next to it. I cant seem to have just picons displayed and also dont see where the change the picon width.
 
Noticed in EPG I have picons displayed as well as the channel name next to it. I cant seem to have just picons displayed and also dont see where the change the picon width.

while in the epg press menu to bring up a settings menu.
 
while in the epg press menu to bring up a settings menu.

I see you now have to disable service description and reduce the width from 280 to 100. Just incase anyone got squashed icons I find display 6 does the trick.
 
Btw settings menù have really too small fonts with default skin and ViXBMC too.
I need to get close to tv when tuning Settings. Even on a 37" inch tv.

Is there a way to fix that? If i want to tweak the skin XML which are the Lines to point to?
 
I think so (quite some time ago), but please report any errors you encounter.

Ok thx for that. You did not ad vice about this further fix.

Anyhow I'm encountering this issue: while browsing for network Shares via Network browser I do find all the devices.
BUT if I choose my Mac ( NFS share) It does not collapse to show available Shares
 
Ok thx for that. You did not ad vice about this further fix.

Anyhow I'm encountering this issue: while browsing for network Shares via Network browser I do find all the devices.
BUT if I choose my Mac ( NFS share) It does not collapse to show available Shares

make sure you install NFS service ;)

MENU --> SETUP --> SYSTEM --> NETWORK --> NFS SETUP.
 
I've just installed the new VIX image, but I can't seem to download any software updates or download plugins. It says: "Sorry, feeds seem to be in an unstable state."



Is the online feeds down?
 
Last edited:
I've just installed the new VIX image, but I can't seem to download any software updates or download plugins. It says: "Sorry, feeds seem to be in an unstable state."
Is the online feeds down?
No, they are 'in an unstable state'. If you still want to use them, you should accept unstable updates (Menu --> System --> Online updates).
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top