Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] New VIX Image Vu+ Duo Version 2.4 15/05/2012 - DISCUSSION ONLY -

1. The issue with SlimChannelSelection is fixed in 2.4.112 at least partially. I think a code line is removed by a mistake as the EPG icon now is gone.
2. I cant see any changes regarding starsbar in IMDB. Not a big issue but may be possible to take a look at it?
3. The last line in the label containing ExtendedEventDescription in Vix Graphical Epg Pig is cutted off half. Not a big issue but may be possible to take a look at it when you have spare time?
1: i'll fix
2: i'll fix
3: looks ok here see below
1. Nice, thanks.
2. Nice, thanks.
3. Looks like a misunderstanding. I was refering to EPG.
 
Since using for few days now, not once had any faults whatsoever.
I noticed another update today, Just out of curiosity anything added of important or just slight bug fixes?
Best wishes :thumbsup:
 
Since using for few days now, not once had any faults whatsoever.
I noticed another update today, Just out of curiosity anything added of important or just slight bug fixes?
Best wishes :thumbsup:




2.4 Build 112:

Code:
enigma2: HelpMenu: fix posible BSOD.
enigma2: fix 3D setting on Vu's.
openwebif: add new ViX setting menu to Menu Panel (still needs work).
picons: update zonka.cc to 2012-05-17
system: merge from PLi 18-05-2012 - this includes Linux 3.3 for ET's.
vix-skins: update transponder info for new PliExtraInfo, fix simple channelselection screen title.
 
or look in the release threads as its also posted there.
 
Since using for few days now, not once had any faults whatsoever.
I noticed another update today, Just out of curiosity anything added of important or just slight bug fixes?
Best wishes :thumbsup:

you can view the release log before choosing to update ;)
 
Just a note about the unattended upgrade.
It would be better to show something like a progress bar during the upgrade process.
 
:mad:
just updated to 119
DUO restarted itself, showed the last tuned channel BUT the display still was displaying STARTING. Obviously not responding to remote commands I had to switch off manually.

No log was generated.
 
Some more news about network browser issues:
Besides NFS i've tried installing SAMBA and activated samba sharing on the Mac.
The browser does not collapse hosts to show shares.

Anyway adding manually nfs shares works.
 
Some more news about network browser issues:
Besides NFS i've tried installing SAMBA and activated samba sharing on the Mac.
The browser does not collapse hosts to show shares.

Anyway adding manually nfs shares works.

i have no issues here and i only use macs,
 
:mad:
just updated to 119
DUO restarted itself, showed the last tuned channel BUT the display still was displaying STARTING. Obviously not responding to remote commands I had to switch off manually.

No log was generated.

which is why we tell you to make a backup incase something goes wrong.
 
Just a note about the unattended upgrade.
It would be better to show something like a progress bar during the upgrade process.
That's not possible, hence the name 'unattended' :D
The GUI is not available, so the GUI can't show anything.

The issue is affecting me since the first install of 2.4.
Any suggestions?
No. During the many tests we did on 2.4 before releasing it, we never experienced something like that.
Best to post your crash-logs (if any) and debug-log.
 
... The skin looks soooooooooo much cleaner great work...:thumbsup:
LOL, for your eyes only....
But seriously: it's always a struggle to find compromises between all the user-wishes, and we simply can't please all. But in this case the choice was easy: I also like to see useful info only; I don't like screens being cluttered with all kinds of graphics etc that have no real meaning.
 
I installed 2.4.101 on Saturday and having backed up timers and cccam files I installed from scratch. It all went very smoothly (bar the Vu stuck on Starting.. after the first restart after install. This was due to the USB having old files on it. Formatted the drive, popped it back in and all was well again)

I really like the look of it and really feels like a step up from 2.3. Menus and EPG look great and the simplified info bar makes a lot of sense.

Been running for 48 hours and not a glitch and it seems much smoother and snappier while using it. Haven’t installed memclear or set up to restart every 24hrs and hoping I wont have to.

Thanks to the Vix team for their hours of hard work on this. Seems to me that the hours of testing have really paid off. :thumbsup:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top