Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] New VIX Image Vu+ Duo Version 2.4 15/05/2012 - DISCUSSION ONLY -

Is there anyway to turn off the darker grey progress bar and change the font back to the font that was in the same Vix 2.3 skin?

Also when changing channels using the numbers on the remote the numbers appear down off centre in the small grey box that appears in the middle of the screen.

Not sure about removing the bar but I have noticed the channel numbers being slightly below centre since Vix 2.4 was installed.
 
View attachment 17049

Is there anyway to turn off the darker grey progress bar and change the font back to the font that was in the same Vix 2.3 skin?

Also when changing channels using the numbers on the remote the numbers appear down off centre in the small grey box that appears in the middle of the screen.

I would like to see these bar removed and the font changed back. Most annoying thing about the 2.4 skin for me.
 
I would like to see these bar removed and the font changed back. Most annoying thing about the 2.4 skin for me.
Im totally agree.

The Vix skin is so clean and stylish and so different from most of the others looking like a christmastree. That its so petty with the huge textlabel on top of the second infobar that cant be selected away.
 
I would like to see these bar removed and the font changed back. Most annoying thing about the 2.4 skin for me.
So where do you think the program progress bar should go (and be as intuitive as it is now) without making IF1 more busy?
 
As said before we can't please everybody and if thats your biggest gripe with the image we are happy :)
 
another bug with the graphical epg ( 1 the event you are watching when there is less than 15 minutes left the orange colour and the event description moves to the next event) (2 while browsing the epg i have the main graphic showing the channel but another smaller window opens on the left side showing part of the picture the channel )
 
So where do you think the program progress bar should go (and be as intuitive as it is now) without making IF1 more busy?

Well having an Ultimo, I don't need the bar at all since it is on the front of the receiver !
 
Well having an Ultimo, I don't need the bar at all since it is on the front of the receiver !

ah yes but some people have their kit in another room (me) or in dedicated av racks and dont want big bright displays on show especially if using a projector.
 
Well having an Ultimo, I don't need the bar at all since it is on the front of the receiver !

It's part of the skin and will be staying where it is, of course you are more than welcome to modify your skin to your liking ( you can even upload such modifications to the forum for others to use too ) but we have the difficult task of trying to provide functionality to many people who all want something different, and at some point we have to just say no.
 
Well having an Ultimo, I don't need the bar at all since it is on the front of the receiver !
That's the reason you can make any personal change you want in the skin_user.xml. The skins especially provided for the ViX-image are the best compromise between all the wishes we get we can make.
 
The skins especially provided for the ViX-image are the best compromise between all the wishes
Well for me it's not a compromise. I really like it. For me analogue displays are very intuitive. When zapping I can tell instantly if a program is just starting, finishing, or is half way through, rather than pausing and looking at the numbers. So well done to the person that incorporated this into the design without IF1 becoming busy or cluttered.
 
Last edited:
There is another thing about the Info bar (I mean the one that appears when you press OK).

Even when I set it to display the crypt info on two lines, nothing appears. At least, it doesn't when I set it up not to display the second infobar (too big...). Press OK -> info bar without crypt displays, second OK -> event info. no crypt info in either. If I use the second infobar then on the second OK the lower part does display it. It should display the same way on the first OK ( as it did on the older version).

G
 
There is another thing about the Info bar (I mean the one that appears when you press OK).

Even when I set it to display the crypt info on two lines, nothing appears. At least, it doesn't when I set it up not to display the second infobar (too big...). Press OK -> info bar without crypt displays, second OK -> event info. no crypt info in either. If I use the second infobar then on the second OK the lower part does display it. It should display the same way on the first OK ( as it did on the older version).

G

I think you may need a reboot after you change the setting to show crypto info.
 
That's correct: the crypto info has been moved to the Second Infobar.
That's to have the infobar uncluttered, with essential info only.
 
That's correct: the crypto info has been moved to the Second Infobar.
That's to have the infobar uncluttered, with essential info only.

Ok , but if you don't want it you can just exclude it from the OSD settings.

Would it be possible to put it back when the second info bar is disabled and the crypto info is selected?

G
 
Ok , but if you don't want it you can just exclude it from the OSD settings.

Would it be possible to put it back when the second info bar is disabled and the crypto info is selected?

G

It has been moved to the second infobar and there are no settings within the image to move this, you can of course edit the skin it self to your liking.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top