Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] New VIX Image Vu+ Duo Version 2.4 15/05/2012 - DISCUSSION ONLY -

Does cooltvguide v6 work with the standard vix skin?
The functionality of Coll is not skin, but image-related.
In ViX a huge EPG (and other) functionality is embedded, and plugins like Cool try to use original, limited Dream-E2 functions. This leads to crashes on using certain buttons in Cool.

And apart from that: since Cool has gone the PayWare path, there's an extra reason not to use Cool at all (he isn't so cool after all).
 
hi, am on vix 2.4 build 151 when i try to update the software i get the message
nothing to upgrade?!!
 
Menu > Set Up > System > Online Update

The 3 options must read like this

Yes
0x
Yes

This will allow all unstable updates..

Just because they are unstable.. Its does not mean that the image is not in good working order..
 
Strange... It seems like I'm stuck on build 155. Nothing to upgrade is popping up when I try to update the SW. Have I missed something maybe..?

EDIT: All of a sudden it worked...
 
Last edited:
MY television volume from freeview and consoles generally is higher than that of the maximum volume available for the duo. This is a problem as I have pip and switching screens means huge jumps in volume. Is there some way to increase the volume of the duo further?
 
When trying to update, I get a crash screen saying something about global name error not defined. Is there an alternative way to update image?
 
Try via a telnet session,

init 4
opkg update
opkg upgrade
init 6
 
Hi,
log in with telnet and then
init 4
opkg update
opkg upgrade
reboot

p.s. damned to late:-)

ciao
 
I have lost the ability to stream recordings from my VuDuo! Live streaming seems fine but the recordings aren't streaming! I did some of the ota updates yesterday which may or may not be the cause! I do know that it was working fine just a few days ago! I have been looking for any settings which I or my kids mights have changed unintentionally but as yet no joy! Any advice would be appreciated!
 
PC, Laptop, Iphone All devices streaming live tv but not streaming recordings!
 
PC, Laptop, Iphone All devices streaming live tv but not streaming recordings!
 
Ok I now reckon this is definately some thing within the ota updates causing this! I reflashed to my previous saved image 2.4 build 151 and recordings stream fine! As soon as I do the ota's to build 213 I can no longer stream the recordings! Live tv still seems to stream fine!
 
Last edited:
Check to see if samba and nfs are running.
 
I have now installed and running NFS and Samba but still not streaming recordings on any device! Live tv streaming fine!
 
I am not sure which of the network features need to be running in order to stream the recorded files! Perhaps someone who is on the latest build and able to stream recordings could share which features they have active NFS,Samba etc! I had read about the stream lining but lack of knowledge seems to be hindering my understanding of what's required!
 
I normally watch recordings by opening them on the Openwebif browser playing them with VLC player also on my iphone with the Deambox app neither of which seem to work with this latest build but Live tv streams are fine! I have fiddled about with some of the network settings but still no joy! Any ideas?
 
hey guys, any update on streaming recordings via the box? I really hate flashing specially to lower versions, too much effort can someone post a fix or something?
 
Hello,

can you fix in next release the crash on shutdown while using MerlinEpgCenter?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top