Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] New VIX Image Vu+ Ultimo Version 2.4 15/05/2012 - DISCUSSION ONLY -

Hmm..one really has to know your settings like A/V or use of autoresolution? and so on first and what do u mean tv picture off to bottom
 
Last edited:
Ive been using this image since yesterday and it looks great. But, I noticed the TV picture goes off the bottom of the screen.
Is there a way to adjust this?
This is either the case when (for SD channels only) pan & scan is used, or due to wrong TV-aspect settings.
 
I mean, on Eurosport HD today, the graphics at the bottom of the screen were only half visible. I am connected with HDMI 16:9. What is auto resolution for? It is not enabled anyway.
 
Only on Eurosport HD and now is isnt anymore?

When you have the same an all HD channels
The only reason could be that your TV is in overscan mode(x% zoom), but then you would see also that infobar is lower.

Her i use 1080i mode without overscan on Samsung..this way i have the full picture on my tele
 
Last edited:
Having issues with this image tbh... Have reflashed the ultimo 3 times and still having it crash. I go to a channel on 9e or 7e and the box crashes and restarts and gets in a loop until i reflash image.. Last vix image is working fine on those satellites. Enigma 2 has encountered a problem message and restarts...
 
No probs, here is another, this time all the vfd icons (text, widescreen, crpyt etc etc) are activated.

Do you know if it is possible to have this file kept when doing online updates? Every time I do an update it defaults back to the original file which has the picons sticking out the side. Or maybe this version should be included with the Ultimo image as default.
 
put the file in /etc/enigma2 directory.
 
put the file in /etc/enigma2 directory.
Correct: files with the name skin_display_picon.xml or skin_display_no_picon.xml in etc/enigma2 are user-files and will never be overwritten. Even better: they are part of the settings backup, so you will keep them forever!
If those files are not present the systemfiles will be used by the box. And indeed: they are subject to updates (if any).
 
Try renaming the skin_display_picon.xml files to skin_user.xml and put it in /etc/enigma2 and see if it works like that.

Still no luck mate. Such a shame...

Has anyone managed to run vfd picons on the vixbmc skin?
 
Still no luck mate. Such a shame...

Has anyone managed to run vfd picons on the vixbmc skin?

Leave it named as skin_display_picon.xml and put it in /etc/enigma2, I didn't realise before that it would accept that file in that location.
 
Leave it named as skin_display_picon.xml and put it in /etc/enigma2, I didn't realise before that it would accept that file in that location.

Tried this mate but it's made no difference... sigh...
 
I'm having menu size problems.
720p or 1080i = same problems.

When i press "menu" the menu pic size is bigger than tv normal displaying image.

I'll take pic of the tv with menus for you to check.
 
I'm having menu size problems.
720p or 1080i = same problems.

When i press "menu" the menu pic size is bigger than tv normal displaying image.

I'll take pic of the tv with menus for you to check.

menu>setup>system>OSD>OSD POSITION SETUP.
 
menu>setup>system>OSD>OSD POSITION SETUP.

Thank you. It did the trick. Had to lower the values

Dunno why it doesn't come with lower values from start ..

or just turn off overscan on your tv

I'm not overscaning anything on TV. All images i tested so far ( blackhole and openPli ) are fine.

Normal channel image is fine in Vix too. This is just a menu problem.

Cheers. :D
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top