Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] New ViX Team VU+ Duo OE3.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the old version of vix, the parental control on a bouquet worked inserting the pin once and then I can zap between channels of that bouquet without reinput the pin at every zap.
In addition I had the choice to request ( or not ) the pin when resumed from standby. On this version I have to navigate the menu to disable the parental control otherwise I have to reinput the pin at every channel change.
Obviously I'm talking about the bouquet protection not individual channel protection.
Another question: why, when the available recording space on hdd reaches about 49 GB, when I try to record I have the message of disk full? My disk is a Samsung 1TB.

Thanks
 
No it's not politically motivated at all. We set all updates as unstable until we're confident otherwise.

This process used to take us many weeks to months but our users wanted updates as and when they were created, hence the system we now have in use today, allowing those users who wished access to the updates as and when they were created.

I certainly appreciate the ability to get updates a lot earlier. I was planning to switch to OpenPLi but now that Vix is regularly updating inclusive of the OpenPLi updates, I can have both worlds. I've had a few issues with unreliable versions but I expect that... those that don't, have the alternative of waiting until the dust settles (and the dot goes green). Thanks for providing an excellent image and an excellent service.

cheers
 
I certainly appreciate the ability to get updates a lot earlier. I was planning to switch to OpenPLi but now that Vix is regularly updating inclusive of the OpenPLi updates, I can have both worlds. I've had a few issues with unreliable versions but I expect that... those that don't, have the alternative of waiting until the dust settles (and the dot goes green). Thanks for providing an excellent image and an excellent service.
We don't offer as many new releases as PLi does. PLi automatically daily creates a new image (even if no changes are there), we do that only when indeed changes have been committed.
On any update, whether set to stable or unstable, it's always wise to have a backup of your present system. That way it's quite simple to revert to that state. We recently introduced a settings that allows for an automatic (settings or image) backup to be made on every online update.
 
Roughly.. how often do stable updates become available.
Roughly: between 5 times a day and once every 5 days........ :p

It really depends on the commits made and the results of the tests: if we find any bugs and bugfix a new build is created right away.
 
Roughly: between 5 times a day and once every 5 days........ :p

It really depends on the commits made and the results of the tests: if we find any bugs and bugfix a new build is created right away.

Sorry what I mean is... the latest stable at the moment is 249 but we're up to 269. How often do they become classed as stable for the online updates?
 
Sorry what I mean is... the latest stable at the moment is 249 but we're up to 269. How often do they become classed as stable for the online updates?

Just because a image is currently classed as unstable does not necessarily mean that it is unstable. As I pointed out yesterday this is done more as a precaution until we know otherwise. From my own use 269 is working well without any problems.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
Just because a image is currently classed as unstable does not necessarily mean that it is unstable. As I pointed out yesterday this is done more as a precaution until we know otherwise. From my own use 269 is working well without any problems.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I understand that. Okay how often do you class updates as stable. As I stare the box with the misses I don't really want to risk unstable ones otherwise she will not be happy:)
 
I understand that. Okay how often do you class updates as stable. As I stare the box with the misses I don't really want to risk unstable ones otherwise she will not be happy:)

impossible to answer that as some make it to stable status and some dont, in your case just wait until you get the green flashing icon on the info bar
 
I understand that. Okay how often do you class updates as stable. As I stare the box with the misses I don't really want to risk unstable ones otherwise she will not be happy:)

there is no timetable as to how often we class a update as stable or otherwise. as i said i'm currently using 269 on 3 of my receivers all without problems.

if in doubt make a full image backup so that you can flash back if needed.
 
Just did an online update to 274, and now my box is crashing if I press any number-button on the remote. Maybe other buttons will give the same effect, but as my wife is watching TV, I cant't find it out just now.

By the way; where's the crash log stored? Nothing in hdd, as it was before.
 
Last edited:
Crash logs are stored in /home/root/logs
Have you time-shift enabled?
 
Yup, TS enabled... When disabled the bosx doesen't crash, but it isn't responding to the commands either. Pressing 1 gives just a blink in the display.
 
Just upgraded to latest image. Restarted Enigma and box locked up.
VFD says starting and locked up.
FTP not working
 
Just upgraded to latest image. Restarted Enigma and box locked up.
VFD says starting and locked up.
FTP not working

Maybe I'm wrong, but this reminds me of a similar experience I had... I think the solution was to disconnect all cables (HDMI, antenna, power), and wait 15-20 minutes before trying again. Give it a whurl, while waiting for better adwise. ;)
 
Tried to telnet . cant find box... Help -- Do i need to reflash whole image

Have you any USB sticks in the box?
As Hamram suggests, why not power it down for 10+ minutes before powering on again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top