Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] New ViX Team VU+ Duo OE3.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
.........fixed with 403.

Updates correctly.

If you use DVB subs, are they OK with build 403..? They were still missing when I made an update to 403. I can see that 404 is there now, but no notes regarding the subs, so I will wait some time before I give it another go, I guess...

EDIT: Neeh... Couldn't wait, as it was flashing green, so I gave it a whurl. Unfortunally the DVB-subs are still gone. Right now I'm watching BBC HD, which usually is subtitled in Turkish, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish (DVB), but now all of them are gone. They're all in the menu, but they do not show up on the screen when chosen.
 
Last edited:
when do a software update via the menu, the Vu Duo seems to hang at the "unattended upgrade in progress etc etc" screen
how long should it be on that screen 10 - 15 minutes or should I leave it longer,

seems I didn't wait long enough box now rebooting, now for some testing
 
Last edited:
This can indeed take long, hence the warning......

Especially when your picons are being updated this can take very long indeed.
 
I've just run the latest ViX update this morning (via my box) and my box won't reboot correctly. I either get stuck on the 'starting' section or I get to the blue ViX page with 'Vu Duo' on my box and the ViX logo intermittently flashing in the corner of the screen.

I have recently been having a few issues with recording - where the programme looks to have recorded to my HDD but when I press on it to view it flicks straight back to the menu. Never had these issues before, everything has been working great.

Don't tend to use many plugins so don't think this is the issue.

Does anyone have any ideas what may cause this? Will I need to reflash the box?

Thanks
Chris
 
Sorry issues with the latest build, just download old build and restore your settings.
 
I have recently been having a few issues with recording - where the programme looks to have recorded to my HDD but when I press on it to view it flicks straight back to the menu. Never had these issues before, everything has been working great.

I seem to have the same problem. I didn't realise that it has been a problem for several builds... not sure how many. The 'better half' has told me in no uncertain terms that this is a problem. Often she will set timers to record programs and later discover that only a few minutes are recorded. Another symptom is that the Duo will flash a message that it is changing to a channel because a recording is starting... this is weird because it is a four tuner box (2 x DVB-S2 + 2 x DVB-T usb) and it is clear that there is no need to switch channels when viewing a DVB-T program when a DVB-S2 program is to be recorded.

So recordings are sometimes fore-shortened and channels are sometimes unnecessarily changed on a timer recording start. I'm going to check some older builds to see when things last worked. There is still a problem with 415, 413 & 410 but it could go back aways (the 'better half' and I don't always communicate well enough to narrow down when all this started!).
 
After having loads of problems with black screens and having the channel up and down to get a program to show I took the plunge and installed VIX v3.0.205. Box works fine now, doesn't randomly stick subtitles on and has the correct audio stream as default unlike the blackhole image that always defaulted the the descriptive audio feed. Problem i'm having is with the Mgcamd plugin, i've got the official vix 1.35a version, this has worked fine for a couple of days but now as soon as the channel comes on it crashes the box. it'll restart and max out the internet connection then crash again. I've done a bit of reading and read to modify my config by disabling Loggin and seting the box type from auto to dreambox/mips but this has made no difference. Any ideas please?
 
3.0.205 is a very very old build, were now on build 3.0.416.

Try a update to a newer build then see if you still have these problems.
 
After having loads of problems with black screens and having the channel up and down to get a program to show I took the plunge and installed VIX v3.0.205. .....
Although you might end up fine, it's never a good idea to start a new system with an old image. Why didn't you use the latest available as a start?
 
I bought the box knowing nothing about satbox's beyond my first dabble with a openbox. I called in a local sat shop to get a new quad lnb and mentioned my problem and was given a usb stick with the vix image. I bought the box on impulse from the big fair in manchester to my misfortune as after downloading the new image from here and installing it, the box hangs while displaying >starting. after a bit of reading and a look inside my box i've got a v3 clone which im assuming is a ferrari one since thats the only one with any reference to v3. I have to box working again now using the blackhole de-1.4 image but im back to my original problems with the audio defaulting the descriptive and to be honest, it looks and feels nowhere near as nice as the vix. It's a expensive lesson as the box was only a few pound cheaper than online
 
I bought the box knowing nothing about satbox's beyond my first dabble with a openbox. I called in a local sat shop to get a new quad lnb and mentioned my problem and was given a usb stick with the vix image. I bought the box on impulse from the big fair in manchester to my misfortune as after downloading the new image from here and installing it, the box hangs while displaying >starting. after a bit of reading and a look inside my box i've got a v3 clone which im assuming is a ferrari one since thats the only one with any reference to v3. I have to box working again now using the blackhole de-1.4 image but im back to my original problems with the audio defaulting the descriptive and to be honest, it looks and feels nowhere near as nice as the vix. It's a expensive lesson as the box was only a few pound cheaper than online

unfortunately there are a lot of greedy people out there who will happily sell you a clone as the real thing. The other thing to note here is that we cant offer any support for cloned hardware.
 
It's a expensive lesson as the box was only a few pound cheaper than online
It sure is.
So apparently it's quite easy to mislead customers.
But: assume a customer is aware of the dangers, and really wants a genuine box: how can one be sure? And don't answer with 'look for a trust worthy retailer', as that changes the question to 'how to find a trust worthy retailer'.
 
It sure is.
So apparently it's quite easy to mislead customers.
But: assume a customer is aware of the dangers, and really wants a genuine box: how can one be sure? And don't answer with 'look for a trust worthy retailer', as that changes the question to 'how to find a trust worthy retailer'.


a little research into trustworthy retailers is all thats needed, especially with user feedback.

personally i would never consider buying a expensive satellite receiver from a market stall as you have no way of knowing if it's not just a shell filled with random crap to make it feel weighty enough. The only time i would buy such a box would be a sky uk receiver so i can rip out the HDD and even then i'd open the lid just to make sure.
 
To be fair, Bowlers in manchester isn't like a small flea market. It's a huge indoor electronics fair. I'll have to take another trip and make sure I didn't miss any signs noting they were clones, then i'll be asking for a refund and complaining to the organisers since there all registered sellers.
As for help, had I best bin this site and go elsewhere? sorry for being blunt but it feels like i've had a kick in the nuts and now people are pointing and laughing
 
To be fair, Bowlers in manchester isn't like a small flea market. It's a huge indoor electronics fair. I'll have to take another trip and make sure I didn't miss any signs noting they were clones, then i'll be asking for a refund and complaining to the organisers since there all registered sellers.
As for help, had I best bin this site and go elsewhere? sorry for being blunt but it feels like i've had a kick in the nuts and now people are pointing and laughing

I'm not trying to shun you away from this forum and I would never try to do so, especially as you did nor intend to buy a clone. But it is well known that we don't and won't offer support for cloned hardware.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
..... sorry for being blunt but it feels like i've had a kick in the nuts and now people are pointing and laughing
I can understand the feeling. May I ask how much you paid for the box?
And indeed: I would do my best to get it refunded.
 
Im not trying to be an arse by any means, the first i knew of this site was after installing vix when the box crashed and the black screen pointed me here so I wouldn't be to know about your stance on clones.

I paid £260 for the box + another £50 to have a 1Tb drive fitted. Having a quick look online while I was there it seemed to be the right price, saving around £15 - £20 on the delivered price. It's clear their priced to deceive, had it been around the £200 mark like the advertised clones then i'd have walked away
 
£260 for a clone is shamefull.
If as you say you can track the seller then tell him/her that your going to contact trading standards.
It's one thing to buy a box cheap and taking your chances but that isn't even cheap.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top