Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Nordvpn-openvpn-enigma2

Yes line1 user line2 password then save it password.conf

ive no idea why it says running in openvpn
but when i run telnet i get same ip when its on or off?
 
OK I'm having difficulty with Nord/ Open VPN.
I did the client.conf and password.conf files and sent them over to Vu+ Ultimo 4k and restarted the box.
Open VPN is showing the plugin is running green and autoenabled but I have no internet access to the box.
Tried running the wget -qO- http://ipecho.net/plain;echo command in telnet but just keeps returning me back to the root command prompt.
Am I missing something silly?
Any ideas anyone ??
Thanks.
 
if your router is virmin sh3 ive read about problems but there was a solution posted on here im sure
 
I'm using VM Superhub 3 but I have a smart android TV and a NAS on the same network using the same Nordvpn config files UK 149 and they are both connected and working OK right now.
Its just the VU+ box I'm having difficulty with.
 
I only have Duo² Solo² and a couple of zero's its been good on them and on a F4 setup for a friend. maybe someone with Vu+ Ultimo 4k could help you more.
 
I only have Duo² Solo² and a couple of zero's its been good on them and on a F4 setup for a friend. maybe someone with Vu+ Ultimo 4k could help you more.

Cheers I hope so, dunno what else to try.
 
I'm using VM Superhub 3 but I have a smart android TV and a NAS on the same network using the same Nordvpn config files UK 149 and they are both connected and working OK right now.
Its just the VU+ box I'm having difficulty with.

I dont know if you sorted this but I had similar issues regardless what OpenVPN I tried on enigma2 I couldnt get it to work, after a lot of messing about I changed box to google DNS and it worked.

Turn off OpenVPN

Goto network wizard and change DHPC to no then set Nameservers to Google DNS:

Nameserver 1 8.8.8.8

Nameserver2 8.8.4.4

For some reason VM Hub 3 doesnt like OpenVPN on enigma2 although I have no issues on any other devices
 
I dont know if you sorted this but I had similar issues regardless what OpenVPN I tried on enigma2 I couldnt get it to work, after a lot of messing about I changed box to google DNS and it worked.

Turn off OpenVPN

Goto network wizard and change DHPC to no then set Nameservers to Google DNS:

Nameserver 1 8.8.8.8

Nameserver2 8.8.4.4

For some reason VM Hub 3 doesnt like OpenVPN on enigma2 although I have no issues on any other devices

I think yours was the solution i had read
 
I dont know if you sorted this but I had similar issues regardless what OpenVPN I tried on enigma2 I couldnt get it to work, after a lot of messing about I changed box to google DNS and it worked.

Turn off OpenVPN

Goto network wizard and change DHPC to no then set Nameservers to Google DNS:

Nameserver 1 8.8.8.8

Nameserver2 8.8.4.4

For some reason VM Hub 3 doesnt like OpenVPN on enigma2 although I have no issues on any other devices

Cheers I managed to figure it out.
Instead of entering what you said I found NordVPN own Nameserver settings and entered them and it all works ok.
 
Vpn guide help

@ Northern Monkey
Sorted m8 NORDVPN Running Duo² Solo² and zero. pmd you
Now i need a new challenge

Any chance you could send me on a guide to install NordVPN on my enigma 2 devices? I am using open atv latest image
 
Hi
Having recently signed up to nordvpn for a month testing I have been following this thread closely I have the files in etc/openvpn for client and password done in notepad ++
I picked a usa server to try with no luck even used the nordvpn named servers in the network setup I did the edit to get a log file which is not showing anything rebooted the box with every change or edit
and openvpn is showing stopped.
a Cpl of questions I would like to ask 1) copying the nordvpn openvpn files can one or more be added to the etc/openvpn file so to select a server, do you think it maybe worth trying a uk server first to see if I get a hit? and the mention of the speed connection would that be something to play about with.
 
Hi
Having recently signed up to nordvpn for a month testing I have been following this thread closely I have the files in etc/openvpn for client and password done in notepad ++
I picked a usa server to try with no luck even used the nordvpn named servers in the network setup I did the edit to get a log file which is not showing anything rebooted the box with every change or edit
and openvpn is showing stopped.
a Cpl of questions I would like to ask 1) copying the nordvpn openvpn files can one or more be added to the etc/openvpn file so to select a server, do you think it maybe worth trying a uk server first to see if I get a hit? and the mention of the speed connection would that be something to play about with.

I have a VPN script here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...for-most-VPN-s&p=467100&viewfull=1#post467100 that works with Nord VPN and uses vpn changer to switch servers
 
Hi dsayers many thanks for that I will look into it if all else fails
apart from the file etc/openvpn which I made where do I find the main files to kick this program into start I been looking but so far not found
and for some reason changing the setting (yellow button) to enable /disable auto start is no longer work stuck in disabled have reinstalled
openvpn and rebooted but not working still
 
hi
update to my past post on openvpn
after reading page after page on topic I came across a post regarding openvpn in the blackhole image so decided to install it in my receiver, after an hour of finding my way around the image much more different from vix I managed to navigate my way to the openvpn program, adding the files I already made I set about running openvpn and bingo started running which wasn't happening on vix image. now I'm not so happy with blackhole image so decided to revert back to vix but decided not to recover from stored backup instead loading any files like cccam - settings as I went along.
after setting the basic stuff back in the receiver I ran the openvpn for the first time which asked if I wanted to install to which I said yes, after making a openvpn file in etc folder (etc/openvpn) I put the same config files I put in the blackhole image, started openvpn and hey what ...it started running.
So those of you trying openvpn and seeing no response it could be worth saving files like settings ccam etc and reinstall the latest image without using backups then navigate your way to the openvpn file and allow it to install and open then set about adding your files making sure you make a openvpn in etc folder, it just may help some
 
thankyou very much this did the trick and it says running
i then typed the line into putty wget -qO- http://ipecho.net/plain;echo
and it showed an ip address
using a vu+zero ,would the same file do for a vu+solo 2 and a vu+duo 2 .
thanks again.

hi i have used this script on vu duo and seems to working on open vpn after not starting at all originally but when i put the line -wget -qO- http://ipecho.net/plain;echo in putty to check get same ip when on or off yet log seems to be saying its on?
any help
 
hi i am all new to this do i just copy and paste your script step by step
 
No secret
For those struggling to set up openvpn on their VU+ box, this guide may be useful.
1. Go to the client support pages of NordVPN site and download the OpenVPN Configuration Files (Default)
2. From the zip file we need any ovpn file
3. Edit the name of the ovpn file to client.conf.
4. Open the client.conf and modify the line "auth-user-pass" so it reads "auth-user-pass password.conf" (without the quotes)
5. Create a password.conf file
6. Add the info to the password.conf file so the username and password are on separate lines.
7. Place all 2 files (client.conf, password.conf) into the openvpn folder on your box (etc/openvpn)
8. Reboot your vu+
9. Start the service from the settings - network - openvpn
10. ssh to your vu+ and check the ip with this command wget -qO- http://ipecho.net/plain;echo
This should do the trick.

read #2 we thought we were the only 2, I was gutted i had gone with Nord (im happy now) because everyone was with vanish or pia vpn
that wouldnt post a .conf file.
i spent about 40hrs on this between STELLA'S over the last couple of days and wasn't 100% it was there the above guide wasn't mine to post.

LOL forgive my punctuation been having a stella celebrating

Thank you for this guide, everything worked, BUT for some reason all the content of the folder openvpn is being deleted after few minutes i don't know how !!! any ideas please on how to fix this

cheers
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top