No, as I've explained in my earlier posts, without the fan my box was constantly wrongly reporting 99C then a couple of minutes later rebooting (when it thinks it's got to 100)
Since putting in the fan, it runs so much cooler that with the same software version under the same conditions (recording 3 things while watching a forth) the box no longer wrongly thinks it's getting to 100C, the highest mine thinks it's getting is now 59C.
All my reboot problems have 100% stopped since fitting the fan, others have reported the same thing. On the threads I linked to earlier, other users experienced the same problem (and a fan fixed this) well over a year ago. Which makes me think some quads run hotter than others hence mine wasn't affected until the recent bootloader change.
5 weeks is long enough for me to have an unusable box, it is now working perfectly. Maybe they will bring out new drivers this week, maybe in 2 months time they still won't be fixed, I (and others) gave up waiting and our problems are now solved.
I went the more drastic route of cutting a hole in the top, my warranty expires next month so it makes no difference to me. Others have mounted fans without cutting the case and their problems have also stopped, so it can still be done without affecting the warranty and a small fan costs about £5.
I emailed the 3 gigablue addresses Sicilian posted in post 230, I got replies from two of them (post 239), I replied to both and got further replies from both. One of the replies I quoted in post 239 says installing a fan won't affect the warranty, obviously me cutting a big hole in the top is a different thing and will affect it.
With regards to your above post
since installing the bootloader that started this problem, I had reboots (prior to my fan) regardless of whether I ran ViX or Openmips (I tried various Openmips versions).