Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD] [NOT QUAD+] recording problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ojustaboo
  • Start date Start date
Gigablue are looking into this issue. Its software, not hardware issue. Users are going to have to be patient and await their fix/updates.

Yes I do appreciate that Sicilian, and I know people are working hard to fix it. I am just wondering what version to go back to fire a stable box. Will the updated bootloader be compatible with older software versions?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
 
FYI: watching and recording won't influence the temperature in a noticeable way (as you just proved). The processor load will only be around 5%, so no heat from there.
Obviously an internal HDD will generate some heat, but that won't have much influence on the temperature of the SoC.
That was on a vu..but thats what seems to be happening on the quad (or some of them anyway), the more recordings, the higher (the so called) temp rises until it hits the magic number of 99/100 then reboots
Not looking for answers at this stage as i know it's under investigation, we will have to wait what Gigablue comes back with
 
Yes I do appreciate that Sicilian, and I know people are working hard to fix it. I am just wondering what version to go back to fire a stable box. Will the updated bootloader be compatible with older software versions?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Hi Madaboutlotus
I didn't bother flashing with 030 as per your findings last night
I did however flash to a older HDMU image i had, i tried it with the new bootloader and the previous boot loader, both loaded ok with the 2 boot loaders but both were the same with the rebooting problem
Can't really say anything on the playback issue as i haven't really had a problem there, although i don't play back many files
What i found strange though is you can see the temp rising (i had 5 recordings going) waited till it got to 98% then stopped all recordings so i was expecting to see the temp fall over a period of time but it stayed on 98%
 
Hi richardinspain
I don't know how long Gigablue are going to take to sort this problem out as Sicilian has stated, it's software related and not hardware. If it takes a while another image might have to go on until all the issues are resolved. Have you tried the Openmips image on your Quad. Does not look as good as the Vix but might suffice until GB fixes the issues.
Not really checked any temperatures to be honest and it looks as though there is mixed opinions on that subject. I will have a check on them. Can you display the temp on the screen in normal viewing mode?
 
with gigablues track record, dont expect anything this year :)
That sounds promising...Not lol
As Ojustaboo said, i think i will do the same...and shove a laptop cooler under it and be done with it for the time being..Having said that i still can't understand that it isnt somehow related to temp (with the reading anyway) if i can put a fan on it and it resolves the problem
 
Hi richardinspain
I don't know how long Gigablue are going to take to sort this problem out as Sicilian has stated, it's software related and not hardware. If it takes a while another image might have to go on until all the issues are resolved. Have you tried the Openmips image on your Quad. Does not look as good as the Vix but might suffice until GB fixes the issues.
Not really checked any temperatures to be honest and it looks as though there is mixed opinions on that subject. I will have a check on them. Can you display the temp on the screen in normal viewing mode?
Yes i posted before the about the openmips 4.2 image...It seems to be better (not sure why) had a few recordings going and it seemed to be ok but did push it over the edge with 5 or 6 going at the same time....but at least i could record a few at the same time (4/5 going over night for 10 hours and no reboot)
Having said that i did get a couple of reboots just watching tv but a big improvment none the less
Yes you can check the temp gauge while watching tv and recording etc..Have a go and see what you think, it would be interesting to hear if it works better for you too
 
That sounds promising...Not lol
As Ojustaboo said, i think i will do the same...and shove a laptop cooler under it and be done with it for the time being..Having said that i still can't understand that it isnt somehow related to temp (with the reading anyway) if i can put a fan on it and it resolves the problem
But I have had the Quad for some time and never had a problem with temps in any other Vix image, going back to the early versions of 3.0?? Why should Apollo give these issues, but that said the developers are relying on the manufacturer giving them good drivers. If Rossi is correct then some remedial action needs to be taken. Openmips or BH will have to be considered.
 
I still have acopy of 3.0 808, might be worth trying that for a while? How retro is that!
 
I still have acopy of 3.0 808, might be worth trying that for a while? How retro is that!
Lol sometimes the oldies are the goodies, worth a try, but still try openmips..as i said works better for me..Think i read somewhere that black hole isn't compatible with the quad?
 
Lol sometimes the oldies are the goodies, worth a try, but still try openmips..as i said works better for me..Think i read somewhere that black hole isn't compatible with the quad?
Will ABM work with openmips? Two versions available stable 4.1 or Beta 4.2. Which have you tried.
 
Never tried ABM so can't help you there..sorry
It's the 4.2
I tried 4.0 but that was worse...Didn't try 4.1...But it was scicilian (i think) that suggested i try 4.2, he also posted the link earlier in this thread
May have made a mistake about the temp guide on openmips, cant remember if it had one..I see it has also been taken off 030..Just flashed 030 (it got the better of me) tuned in tuner a b c, and just rebooted...will give it a further test, if no good im going back to openmips 4.2 and sticking with it for the time bein
 
What i found strange though is you can see the temp rising (i had 5 recordings going) waited till it got to 98% then stopped all recordings so i was expecting to see the temp fall over a period of time but it stayed on 98%

What I found was the more recordings you had, the quicker the temp rose, but it would still slowly rise watching back recordings made on the box.

So you boot the box from cold, don't record anything and it can work for a very long time. Or you record a few things at once, the temp rises rapidly (not disputing what Rob Van Der Does says, just that whatever is causing this wrong temp reading, it does shoot up the more you record), box reboots but it still in the high 90s, and even if you cancel the recordings, it seems to still go up whatever you do, once it's reached that point.

But it isn't consistent as I've said in my other posts, once I had a load of recordings going and it dropped a degree.

The biggest concern over recent developments is the removal of the temp display as though that's going to fix everything. If it's still getting to the false 99/100 reading and rebooting, but now we cant see this is happening we just see the reboots, in my opinion it's a step backwards as its taking useful info away from us trying to diagnose the problem.

I still get the feeling some us us aren't being believed and they've taken the temp reading display off to simply shut us up.

I suppose a test would be if you have the version with no temp readings and it reboots, does it still randomly reboot if you have the lid off and a fan directed at it?
 
I suppose a test would be if you have the version with no temp readings and it reboots, does it still randomly reboot if you have the lid off and a fan directed at it?
I reverted back to openmips 4.2 soon after flashing 030...as had a reboot as soon as scanned in channels, then tested 2 sd recordings and then a hd and it rebooted again..I suspect that it would have been ok with the fan on it but i didn't test it
I'm sticking to openmips for now, lost the will to flash anymore for the time being
It would be interesting to know what the difference between openmips 4.2 and the current vix releases are, whats in one image and not the other..maybe then we would be further in getting nearer to the fault..As i said before i tried openmips 4.0 but that was just as bad but 4.2 seems to be the best of the bunch and works quite well and if i hadn't pushed it with the recordings then i most probably wouldn't have thought there was ever a problem
I also thought that removing the temp reading was a bit strange (although we know that it isn't a true reading of the actual temp) it was at least a gauge that was for most part consistant of telling you when it was going to reboot and seeing how much it rose by setting off 1 recording then another etc
It would be interesting if Madaboutlotus tries openmips 4.2 to see if he notices a improvement
 
I reverted back to openmips 4.2 soon after flashing 030...as had a reboot as soon as scanned in channels, then tested 2 sd recordings and then a hd and it rebooted again..I suspect that it would have been ok with the fan on it but i didn't test it
I'm sticking to openmips for now, lost the will to flash anymore for the time being
It would be interesting to know what the difference between openmips 4.2 and the current vix releases are, whats in one image and not the other..maybe then we would be further in getting nearer to the fault..As i said before i tried openmips 4.0 but that was just as bad but 4.2 seems to be the best of the bunch and works quite well and if i hadn't pushed it with the recordings then i most probably wouldn't have thought there was ever a problem
I also thought that removing the temp reading was a bit strange (although we know that it isn't a true reading of the actual temp) it was at least a gauge that was for most part consistant of telling you when it was going to reboot and seeing how much it rose by setting off 1 recording then another etc
It would be interesting if Madaboutlotus tries openmips 4.2 to see if he notices a improvement
I will give it a go tonight and give it a few recordings to handle. I guess I don't need to do anything with thelatest bootloaded installed the other week (cricky seems like I have been flashing for weeks LOL)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top