Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET10x00] Occasional crashes

You need the crash logs not debug logs for crashes (at least at first).
 
Many thanks. What the default location of the crash log files? I cannot seem to find them.
 
I thought somewhere around /home/root/logs
 
You need the crash logs not debug logs for crashes (at least at first).
Either would do, but if you post the debug log it has to be the one running when the crash occurred, which will not be the current one (as by then things have restarted) but rather the penultimate one.
 
There only seem to be "Enigma2_debug_date.....log" files in that folder. Although the Openvix text seemed to be displaying for ever and I turned it off and on with the mains switch, maybe the box didn't officially crash.
 
Sorry. I pressed the wrong button. Here they are>
 

Attachments

The crash logs normally have "crash" in filename. Do you get the screen telling you it's crashed and then it reboots itself because those debug logs don't show anything obvious (at least at quick glance).

Maybe provide some background info on what your setup is (ie multisat or fixed sky 28.2, etc).

Are the crashes random or is there not a pattern to them as even little things like it happens just after changing channel, or whilst scrolling through EPG.
 
....maybe the box didn't officially crash.
A crash is when enigma2 stops running for an unexpected reason. It produces a crash report and enigma2 gets restarted.
If the box just stops responding that is something else and there may or may not be useful information in the debug log. There won't be a crash log.

So it might help if you actually report what you see (not) happening, rather than talk about a crash.
 
Very many thanks. This is not a big problem, because it only occurs very occasionally - once every few days.

What happens is that the box fails to respond. I see a moving "Openvix" text at the top left corner of the screen, as if it is trying to perform a task, but has gotten stuck. I get it out of this state by turning the mains switch off and on so that it reboots. I usually leave the box on and sometimes it seems to have occurred spontaneously when I return after a few hours, even though it was working perfectly beforehand.

In future I will try to ascertain whether it happens only on a particular channel.
 
It sometimes occurs spontaneously when I go back to the box after a few hours. I think that it may occur when I am watching one channel and recording another, but I will check on this when it happens again.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top