Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] OE-Alliance OnDemand Plugin ( BETA - WORK IN PROGRESS )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry-G

V.I.P ,
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
32,540
Reaction score
405
Points
0
Age
48
OE-Alliance OnDemand player

Here is a sneak preview of the work done so far, please bear in mind that this is still WIP ( work in progress ) and it is far from finished, but it should give you a idea of where things are going with the project.

you can keep up with developments via the GIT here

Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/OnDemand



extract the following archive and FTP the OnDemand folder to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

then issue the following command via a telnet session.

init 4 && opkg install python-lxml python-beautifulsoup python-dnspython python-simplejson && init 3


This plugin will only work with the ViX image at present, by all means please provide feedback but do not ask for support as this is still a work in progress and constantly undergoing work, source credits and other information will be updated in due course.


​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Have attempted to install this plugin following the guide above -

init 4 && opkg install python-lxml python-beautifulsoup python-dnspython && init 3 << after I press enter the screen freezes and does nothing I left it for about 20 mins still frozen so I manually restarted vu+ duo by switching off at back of box and then back on.

Goto plugin menu and I get "Some plugins are not avalible: Extensions/OnDemand (no module name lxml)"

Any suggestions?
 
i followed the above instructions and it is working fine.
i would suggest providing more info, box type, image, build etc to receive informed help.
good luck.
 
Have attempted to install this plugin following the guide above -

init 4 && opkg install python-lxml python-beautifulsoup python-dnspython && init 3 << after I press enter the screen freezes and does nothing I left it for about 20 mins still frozen so I manually restarted vu+ duo by switching off at back of box and then back on.

Goto plugin menu and I get "Some plugins are not avalible: Extensions/OnDemand (no module name lxml)"

Any suggestions?

Try the telnet command again and see what if any errors it gives. Also what image as this is only for ViX.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
Thanks for feedback

I am on Vix build 600.

I will try again and report back with any errors

-------------------
edit

I stand corrected I copied and pasted it this time and it worked!!

I mustve typed in something wrong
 
Last edited:
This is bloody brilliant mate. I wanted something as close to the real bbc iplayer as I could get. and I think I have found it. I love how there are picture icons aswell. its looking fantastic but I cant seem get audio working on bbc iplayer but I understand that it is not completed.
 
Last edited:
Restart your receiver and the sound should work. Working great and the iPlayer is working in Ireland too. Great work team!
 
This is bloody brilliant mate. I wanted something as close to the real bbc iplayer as I could get. and I think I have found it. I love how there are picture icons aswell. its looking fantastic but I cant seem get audio working on bbc iplayer but I understand that it is not completed.

Audio works fine here for me, ive watched a few films on the BBC iplayer side this last few days.
 
I'm getting "No module named dns.resolver"

Running Solo with latest 600 build.
 
Brilliant work guys.

Running a treat on my duo on 3.0 build 600

Only issue I have at moment is no sound on streaming media. Il start another thread for same

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
I'm getting "No module named dns.resolver"

Running Solo with latest 600 build.

run the telnet command again so that it installs the required dependencies.
 
Brilliant work guys.

Running a treat on my duo on 3.0 build 600

Only issue I have at moment is no sound on streaming media. Il start another thread for same

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

lack of sound problem has been dealt with in this thread (1 page back)
 
i gues this plugin is IP locked ? ( UK only )

No, UK players (ITV & BBC) work outside the UK.
Irish players (RTE & TV3) are still geo limited as far as I know.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top