Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] OE-Alliance OnDemand Plugin ( BETA - WORK IN PROGRESS )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mcquaim,
no crash and no message like yesterday.

findPlayUrl: Error getting URLs: list index out of range
fileUrl: False
warning, skin is missing element statusicon in <class 'Screens.PVRState.PVRState'>
warning, skin is missing element speed in <class 'Screens.PVRState.PVRState'>
RemovePopup, id = ZapError
playing 4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:False:The Cube

Ralf

Should be better error handling for this now Ralf, updated GIT earlier.. I will try and figure out a method to get this to stream from outside Ireland and if all fails then I will add a setup option to use a proxy!
 
if you look there named differently AKA from different hosts. so multiple hosts and multiple bitrates, allowing maximum flexibility for the end user and their given connection speed.

Mmm actually not Phoenix.
The name just say quality:400, 600 etc
And no other detail as I can see

Another thing:
Dunno if it's a bug or just a streaming issue, but I was watching a Itv doc and paused it. Then I was no more able to resume the playback. Pressing play was not workin at all while pressing pause button just moved a frame forward.
 
Great addition to the VIX image and thanks to everyone’s hard work.

I have installed as instructed and everything works OK except for BBC iPlayer. The problem is after selecting the programme I want to watch it takes me to the screen to select bit rate but there is no bit rate displayed to select, only the ‘EXIT’ selection is present.

I am running on a Vu+ Duo with VIX 3 Build 600 image. I FTP the OnDemand folder and ran the Telnet command several time but without success.
 
Hi mate

Have you restarted the receiver it maybe trying to use an early version if you had it installed before this new version was added.

regards
 
Mmm actually not Phoenix.
The name just say quality:400, 600 etc
And no other detail as I can see

Another thing:
Dunno if it's a bug or just a streaming issue, but I was watching a Itv doc and paused it. Then I was no more able to resume the playback. Pressing play was not workin at all while pressing pause button just moved a frame forward.

I am taking it you are talking about the ITV Player plugin?

For some reason some of the streams offer multiple bitrate options for the same bitrate, not sure currently why this is. I need to investigate this further and perhaps only show it once if it has already been shown. It doesn't cause an issue as both will stream ok and at the same bitrate.
 
Great addition to the VIX image and thanks to everyone’s hard work.

I have installed as instructed and everything works OK except for BBC iPlayer. The problem is after selecting the programme I want to watch it takes me to the screen to select bit rate but there is no bit rate displayed to select, only the ‘EXIT’ selection is present.

I am running on a Vu+ Duo with VIX 3 Build 600 image. I FTP the OnDemand folder and ran the Telnet command several time but without success.

Where are you based baz135? Perhaps tunlr is not supported in your region.. That is what we use to bypass the geo block!
 
I am taking it you are talking about the ITV Player plugin?

For some reason some of the streams offer multiple bitrate options for the same bitrate, not sure currently why this is. I need to investigate this further and perhaps only show it once if it has already been shown. It doesn't cause an issue as both will stream ok and at the same bitrate.
I'm referring to OnDemand plugin. But yes this what happens when I select ITv
 
Would it be possible to add the higher HD streams for the BBC iplayer?

Comparing the output from either my Smart TV iplayer or the website stream with that of the iplayer plugin, the plugin only shows a maximum of 1500 and this isn't the maximum available. The true HD streams have a smaller onscreen logo and doesn't suffer from the zoomed in affect. I've taken the same none moving image from the SmartTV (from PC printscreen) and the plugin (using the webif) and converting them into a animated gif, you can see the difference between the two. Bother are the same film frame and captured at 1280x720. It would be really fantastic to get the true HD output.

iplayer.gif
 
Last edited:
Have you any way of letting us know the Smart TV iplayer stream URL? is it different than the VIX iplayer URL?
 
I can only try to see what the website iplayer is showing. The only difference the page has is an /hd/ after the file number and flash player is showing 2800kbps

I'll try looking at the source code of the page. Here is a screenshot of what I can get from the flash player

1234.webp
 
Yes tried that, did not cure problem
 
Where are you based baz135? Perhaps tunlr is not supported in your region.. That is what we use to bypass the geo block!

I am currently in Murcia Spain, I can play progrmmes with ITV & the other players but not BBC.
 
Cant get it to work as the folder keeps disappearing when i check with ftp after enigma reboot.
 
hi, working great on my vu ultimo, when i first installed it it suffered from no sound but a full restart sorted that out and working great, thanks to all involved, great add on to have, thanks
 
Working really well here in Morocco :D

Regarding the HD streams, I also have a WDTV Live which I use to view the bbciplayer and it provides the HD streams with the smaller bbc logo. However, I find that aspect seems stretched using that compared to the current vix streams where the aspect is perfect.

Anyway, great thing is I don't have to use my dns server for this, so great stuff.

Many thanks :D
 
Quick Q, is the ondemand file linked in the 1 post the current one?

I've never been able to work out the github thing :rolleyes:
 
Seems to work fine for me with one exception. When selecting the Sport category in BBC Iplayer I get a message "there was a problem retrieving the media list"
 
Seems to work fine for me with one exception. When selecting the Sport category in BBC Iplayer I get a message "there was a problem retrieving the media list"

It seems there are no streams behind this category and that is why you get this message. Better error handling is required and it will be looked at later, it's early days..
 
I must say really impressed with this put it on my vu+ solo and it seems to be working well on it wasnt to sure when i pressed a prog for the first time and it list loads of different bitrates I just chose the 15000 second one down that seems to work well for me

Nice and thanks for the good work
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top