Bit more info:
*Thanks Rob
Sorry, but that is not correct. All data that is downloaded when the box is in use, be it an import or read from transponders, will be added to the existing data. The original, and possibly corrupt data, will never be overwritten.I have those settings at no all the time, the file on hdd will be overwitten by the live data from the new downloaded epg data .
That is correct: epg.dat is never in memory............I rebooted and still no epg.dat file in memory......
That is correct: epg.dat is never in memory......
As I said before: if the location that is set in the menu is not available (for whatever which reason) the default location etc/enigma2 will be used.Ok...why then sometimes when you do a search there are two files? One in etc (corrupt) and one on hd?..
Same story: this proves that the USB-stick was not available at the moment Enigma startedOk. I gave it another shot...wiped everything...set location to usb, redownloading epg data (Rytec will be happy with me...) and then I will do a full restart.
Then data is written to selected location but when I turn my box in deep standby and turn on tomorrow epg data is not read from save location and again a empty epg.....
Correct: the data in memory will be written; if no data is available there will be no data in epg-dat either.Update 1
Downloaded EPg, save location usb, shutdown box, startup and again no EPG data.
Searched with filezilla only 1 epg.dat file is present on usb...size 22mb...so data is present but box doesn´t load the data during boot.
So when I now switch off the box...the empty epg data will be saved and I stay with that empty epg data...
To clarify: nothing should happen than, as in standby the box remains fully active.what happens if you use normal standby instead of deep standby
To clarify: nothing should happen than, as in standby the box remains fully active.
But that makes no difference: as long as the box is active (= also in standby) nothing will be done with epg.dat.To Clarify - Except for the hdd/usb going to sleep which is where the problem lies
Also on EPG-imports no epg.dat will be written; that only happens on stopping E2. A box can run for months without the file ever being written/read.But it will if he is doing an overnight epg import
Well in my case it's not a mount/HDD/USB problem.
epg.dat is stored in internal flash on my ET9500, I'll describe my case: