Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] Often no EPG data after startup.

  • Thread starter Thread starter destroyer2usa
  • Start date Start date
I'll give it a try this evening, if that could be the cause.

Also I'd like it if propper credit could be given to the picon sets from http://picons.zoka.cc/

zoka.cc is not the creator, that's just the hosting company, I am the creator.

Welcome aboard Ocram and thank you for your Picons, best set out there imo :)

I'll update the release credits, thank you for advising us :)
 
I'll give it a try this evening, if that could be the cause.

Also I'd like it if propper credit could be given to the picon sets from http://picons.zoka.cc/

zoka.cc is not the creator, that's just the hosting company, I am the creator.

yes no problem, we will change that
 
all latest release threads have now been edited to credit your username in the special thanks section :thumbsup:
 
andy I think [STRIKE]you forgot to change the "include" from the SD versions[/STRIKE] and there's a typo in the SD transparant version "Scram"



thanks
 
Last edited:
OK back on topic, just changed the epg.dat location to hdd, but this didn't fix it, the problem still remains.
 
Ok, so I found the problem and I found the solution in the name of the Debug logs.

I was using NTP time instead of transponder time, after a reboot of the box the time was still 01-01-1970_01-00-24 while importing the EPG, so nothing got imported. After changing back to transponder time, the time after a reboot was updated faster/before the EPG import, and the EPG imported correct.
 
Ok, so I found the problem and I found the solution in the name of the Debug logs.

I was using NTP time instead of transponder time, after a reboot of the box the time was still 01-01-1970_01-00-24 while importing the EPG, so nothing got imported. After changing back to transponder time, the time after a reboot was updated faster/before the EPG import, and the EPG imported correct.


i will code it so NTP update is run before e2 starts,
 
I'm glad I finally found the problem, because was bugging me...
 
Last edited:
I used to experience it a lot but of late last few updates i have done and reboots the epg has been loaded perfectly fine so Andy has fixed something. This is on ET5K and Uno
 
Strange... I did a quick test yesterday, right after image update, changed setting to NTP, rebooted and no EPG, changed back to TRANSPONDER, rebooted and EPG was there.

Perhaps I'll need to reboot some more, will test later.
 
I can assure you the problem is still there.
I've spent a lot of (Andy's) time trying to resolve this problem, and we really thought we did.
Please report if this is the case after a cold-reboot. And I mean really cold: it looks like that RTC will continue working for some time when power is cut off. So I would say: make sure time is set to NTP, power down, cut power for some 10 minutes, reboot and see if EPG is there. If so: the problem is solved. If not: it's still there.
For some background info see http://openpli.org/forums/topic/23953-epg-is-iedere-keer-leeg/page__view__findpost__p__294219
 
Did some more reboots with latest vix from today and in my case the problem is still there
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top