Hi,
I upgraded successfully the other day with Bootloader + USB, but have been having a lot of problems trying to get settled with the new image.
After upgrading I went and reinstalled all my old plugins from Vix 2.1.. IPcamViewer, EMC, CoolTVguide and was having nothing but hassles, had to reflash several times as I'd made backups along the way, but box would freeze in all kinds of places so that I could't access the image backups, even via ftp. So most of these problems are my own doing, I guess.
In the meantime I've kind of seen the error of my ways and am now showing the missus the VIX EPG, (she was just about used to the Coolguide), I've written to the IPCamViewer author to find out if he's doing a 3.1.1 compatible version, and I'm trying to make friends with the VIX movielist - not there yet.
Where I've found problems was when I tried to do a VIX online update to upgrade to the newest drivers, with nothing more than my settings loaded to the newly flashed image. I tried this a few times, once apparently successfuly, but within 5 mins everything had frozen up and I had to reflash again.
Also while I have got logs enabled, I've been getting very few actual errors as I've been familiar with in the past. With the new image, the box just seems to go on strike instead of crashing out + producing a log.
Am I missing a trick here?
I upgraded successfully the other day with Bootloader + USB, but have been having a lot of problems trying to get settled with the new image.
After upgrading I went and reinstalled all my old plugins from Vix 2.1.. IPcamViewer, EMC, CoolTVguide and was having nothing but hassles, had to reflash several times as I'd made backups along the way, but box would freeze in all kinds of places so that I could't access the image backups, even via ftp. So most of these problems are my own doing, I guess.
In the meantime I've kind of seen the error of my ways and am now showing the missus the VIX EPG, (she was just about used to the Coolguide), I've written to the IPCamViewer author to find out if he's doing a 3.1.1 compatible version, and I'm trying to make friends with the VIX movielist - not there yet.
Where I've found problems was when I tried to do a VIX online update to upgrade to the newest drivers, with nothing more than my settings loaded to the newly flashed image. I tried this a few times, once apparently successfuly, but within 5 mins everything had frozen up and I had to reflash again.
Also while I have got logs enabled, I've been getting very few actual errors as I've been familiar with in the past. With the new image, the box just seems to go on strike instead of crashing out + producing a log.
Am I missing a trick here?
