Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[MB Premium Twin+ Plus] Only two out of three DVB T2 tuners work

If you go to timers, highlight a completed timer, and press info, it will tell you which tuner was used.

Thanks, I will bear that in mind for later. I have already cleared the completed timer list so cannot look at it now.
 
The cabling looks fine (and is daisy chained, so C should also fail if the cabling to B is faulty).
Possibly not the case? It could be that the pass-through works, but that the tuning circuit in B is faulty (but I don't know the intricacies of the hardware set-up in the tuners).
 
Possibly not the case? It could be that the pass-through works, but that the tuning circuit in B is faulty (but I don't know the intricacies of the hardware set-up in the tuners).

Yes, I am suspicious of the tuner and might order another one to swap out. However, I have swapped the suspect tuner B into slot C and while using signal finder to check each of the tuners I seemed to get into a state where the tuning continually failed, resulting in this in the log, which seems to relate to tuner A!

Code:
<   889.047> [eDVBFrontend0] fe event: status 20, inversion off, m_tuning 2
<   889.047> [eDVBFrontend0] FE_TIMEDOUT! ..abort
<   889.047> [eDVBChannel] OURSTATE: failed, retune
<   889.047> [eDVBFrontend0] tune
<   889.047> [eDVBChannel] OURSTATE: tuning
<   889.047> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] tune failed.
<   889.047> [eDVBServicePlay] DVB service failed to tune - error 1
<   889.048> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] ignore sdt update data.... incorrect transponder tuned!!!
<   889.048> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] incorrect namespace. expected: eeee0000 current: ffffffff
<   889.048> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] incorrect transport_stream_id. expected: 4089 current: ffffffff
<   889.048> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] incorrect original_network_id. expected: 233a current: ffffffff
<   889.048> [eDVBFrontend0] startTuneTimeout 5000
<   889.048> [eDVBFrontend0] setVoltage 0
<   889.049> [eDVBFrontend0] setFrontend 1
<   889.049> [eDVBFrontend0] setting frontend
<   889.049> [eDVBFrontend0] fe event: status 0, inversion off, m_tuning 1

It seemed to reboot the GUI when it recovered. I was getting strange results where if was getting no signal from channel 53 so switched to CH52 and back to CH53 when the signal magically re-appeared. I did wait for it to have time to tune each time and even did a scan on 53 which resulted in no channels found.

I am still puzzled as to whether this is a hardware or software problem. Unfortunately I cannot yet come up with a sequence/combination which will make it reproducible.
 
Well, I am still struggling to isolate this problem. I moved the suspect tuner around and sometimes it fails (often on all three tuners rather than just one) but not all the time. I also had one strange episode where I set up three timers on three different transponders and it recorded all three but only one was watchable. The other two recordings were a scrambled mess and finished early - after around 17 minutes instead of 1 hour.

So, I have bought another tuner to swap out but am still getting the same problem - "tuner failed". I am running out of ideas to try to isolate the problem - any suggestions gratefully received.

Code:
< 72029.015> [eDVBFrontend0] startTuneTimeout 5000
< 72029.015> [eDVBFrontend0] setVoltage 0
< 72029.016> [eDVBFrontend0] setFrontend 1
< 72029.016> [eDVBFrontend0] setting frontend
< 72029.016> [eDVBFrontend0] fe event: status 0, inversion off, m_tuning 1
< 72032.216> [eDVBFrontend0] fe event: status 20, inversion off, m_tuning 2
< 72032.216> [eDVBFrontend0] FE_TIMEDOUT! ..abort
< 72032.216> [eDVBChannel] OURSTATE: failed, retune
< 72032.216> [eDVBFrontend0] tune
< 72032.216> [eDVBChannel] OURSTATE: tuning
< 72032.216> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] tune failed.
< 72032.216> [eDVBServicePlay] DVB service failed to tune - error 1
< 72032.217> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] ignore sdt update data.... incorrect transponder tuned!!!
< 72032.217> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] incorrect namespace. expected: eeee0000 current: ffffffff
< 72032.217> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] incorrect transport_stream_id. expected: 4089 current: ffffffff
< 72032.217> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] incorrect original_network_id. expected: 233a current: ffffffff
< 72032.217> [eDVBFrontend0] startTuneTimeout 5000
< 72032.217> [eDVBFrontend0] setVoltage 0
< 72032.218> [eDVBFrontend0] setFrontend 1
< 72032.218> [eDVBFrontend0] setting frontend
< 72032.218> [eDVBFrontend0] fe event: status 0, inversion off, m_tuning 1
< 72034.219> [eDVBFrontend0] fe event: status 20, inversion off, m_tuning 2
< 72034.219> [eDVBFrontend0] FE_TIMEDOUT! ..abort
< 72034.219> [eDVBChannel] OURSTATE: failed, retune
< 72034.219> [eDVBFrontend0] tune
< 72034.219> [eDVBChannel] OURSTATE: tuning
< 72034.219> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] tune failed.
< 72034.219> [eDVBServicePlay] DVB service failed to tune - error 1
< 72034.220> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] ignore sdt update data.... incorrect transponder tuned!!!
< 72034.220> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] incorrect namespace. expected: eeee0000 current: ffffffff
< 72034.220> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] incorrect transport_stream_id. expected: 4089 current: ffffffff
< 72034.220> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] incorrect original_network_id. expected: 233a current: ffffffff
< 72034.220> [eDVBFrontend0] startTuneTimeout 5000
< 72034.220> [eDVBFrontend0] setVoltage 0
< 72034.221> [eDVBFrontend0] setFrontend 1
< 72034.221> [eDVBFrontend0] setting frontend
< 72034.221> [eDVBFrontend0] fe event: status 0, inversion off, m_tuning 1
< 72037.421> [eDVBFrontend0] fe event: status 20, inversion off, m_tuning 2
< 72037.421> [eDVBFrontend0] FE_TIMEDOUT! ..abort
< 72037.421> [eDVBChannel] OURSTATE: failed, retune
< 72037.421> [eDVBFrontend0] tune
< 72037.421> [eDVBChannel] OURSTATE: tuning
< 72037.421> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] tune failed.
< 72037.421> [eDVBServicePlay] DVB service failed to tune - error 1
< 72037.422> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] ignore sdt update data.... incorrect transponder tuned!!!
< 72037.422> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] incorrect namespace. expected: eeee0000 current: ffffffff
< 72037.422> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] incorrect transport_stream_id. expected: 4089 current: ffffffff
< 72037.422> [eDVBServicePMTHandler] incorrect original_network_id. expected: 233a current: ffffffff
< 72037.422> [eDVBFrontend0] startTuneTimeout 5000
< 72037.422> [eDVBFrontend0] setVoltage 0
< 72037.423> [eDVBFrontend0] setFrontend 1
< 72037.423> [eDVBFrontend0] setting frontend
< 72037.423> [eDVBFrontend0] fe event: status 0, inversion off, m_tuning 1
 
Maybe Signal Finder (in tuner config) will show something ??
 
Maybe Signal Finder (in tuner config) will show something ??

I didn't get anywhere before with it - everything seemed fine - but now there seems to be a problem with tuner B. I am just going to try the final combination of the 4 tuners I now have in the 3 slots. I am beginning to think it may be a motherboard problem with tuner B slot.
 
I am pretty certain it is a motherboard problem. I have swapped the tuner in slot B and it is still showing an intermittent problem on slot B. While looking at the signal finder screen it can suddenly burst into life and then be OK for a while. I don't think it is a simple dry joint as I cannot induce it by waggling the tuner or flexing the motherboard. I think it is time to replace the whole unit - although I am not sure what with. It has been rather less reliable than the old Toppy! I will disable slot B for now and see how it goes.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top