Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

OpenVix 5.1.012: software update

couch flashed one box from 5.0.xx and working fine with restore on duo2
 
Should be fine, take backups first. Take image backup and also settings backup.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have downloaded 5.1.013 but when i select the image (or any of the images i have stored) there is no option next to the blue button to Flash. if i press the blue button or the OK button i get the not available symbol
 
.... couch flashing 4k boxes has only recently been enabled, there is a plugin you can use, but need to find the link.
 
Hi guys, I followed the first guide and now my box keeps crashing. Its not booting up correctly, any advice? Vu duo2

EDIT: Had to reflash via USB and now Im restoring settings and plugins (lucky I took a backup of everything beforehand)
 
Last edited:
Does this .13 have the fix to the abm?

Out of interest can I upgrade on the gigablue ue in future?

I'll like do a flash this time round.
 
thanks vix team all went well with my ultimo4k and duo2,
fisrt i installed the pyo file rebooted stb, then used the telnet command on 2 boxes and watched them update, so thanks it works.
 
Couch flash went fine on my duo2 thanks

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
 
If I flash the box as normal usb is the bug still there I never do on line updatesbecouse of bugs
 
did a full flash, as I've not done it before on my gigablue 4k. super picky on USB sticks...random and kingston didnt work, integral did however.
 
used Method 1 as advised on a ET8000 box and no issues worked perfectly.
 
method 3 worked on my sf4008 in 4k mode from 5.1.012 to 5.1.013 :thumbsup:
 
Sorry for probably asking a very basic question, but I thought OpenVix updated automatically? I put OpenVix on my Technomate a Twin and it has been running much better, but I thought it was set to do updates, which I believe it was, but when I look at the about, it shows the Image as 5.0.032. Am I missing something? Are they different things like Firmware, OS and Patches?
Thanks for your help, and sorry, but New to this since ditching the Paid for service.
 
OpenViX has never updated automatically, it's up to you to keep it up to date (if you wish).

See post #1 for starters.
 
Sorry for probably asking a very basic question, but I thought OpenVix updated automatically? I put OpenVix on my Technomate a Twin and it has been running much better, but I thought it was set to do updates, which I believe it was, but when I look at the about, it shows the Image as 5.0.032. Am I missing something? Are they different things like Firmware, OS and Patches?
Thanks for your help, and sorry, but New to this since ditching the Paid for service.

To update to latest you'll now have to USB flash latest image.

How to flash: http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-bu...Flashing Guides/How to flash a TM-Twin 4K.pdf

Latest images: http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/technomate-images/tm-twin-4k/

Settings backup info in first post of this thread.
 
OpenViX has never updated automatically, it's up to you to keep it up to date (if you wish).

See post #1 for starters.

So, I hope you don’t mind me asking, but in the menu, you can navigate to Setup > Software Update. What is this part for?

Thank you.....
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top