Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo4K] OpenVIX 6.0.008 - constantly 10 updates

Ehm, abu baniaz ... that log does not exist in that location (nor anywhere else either: I had Filezilla search from /).

And the mystery continues :) :(

You need to actually do the software update, and then the file should be created.

If it isn't, then at least it's a clue.

This should get executed...

Code:
os.system("(echo 'Updating Sysvinit' && opkg upgrade sysvinit && \
echo 'Updating Sysvinit-pidof' && opkg upgrade sysvinit-pidof && \
echo 'Updating Initscripts-functions' && opkg upgrade initscripts-functions && \
echo 'Updating Busybox' && opkg upgrade busybox && \
echo 'Updating Kmod' && opkg upgrade kmod && \
echo 'Updating Main system' && opkg " + opkgExtraDestinations() + " list-upgradable | cut -f 1 -d ' ' | xargs opkg " + opkgExtraDestinations() + " upgrade) 2>&1 | [COLOR="#FF0000"]tee /home/root/ipkgupgrade.log [/COLOR]&& reboot")
 
Last edited:
Thanks ccs.
I would have expected that the last one executed would be in there.

But anyway, here it is, very short, and probably showing 2 reasons why this persists:

View attachment ipkgupgrade.log


Looking up the libgdk -error, it shows I have the following files:
libgdk list.webp
 
Last edited:
Thanks ccs.
I would have expected that the last one executed would be in there.

But anyway, here it is, very short:

View attachment 63568

Probably the answer, but why is another question.....

Code:
Updating Sysvinit
Updating Sysvinit-pidof
Updating Initscripts-functions
Updating Busybox
Updating Kmod
Updating Main system
[COLOR="#FF0000"] * opkg_solver_upgrade: Package [COLOR="#0000CD"]Not [/COLOR]not installed.
 * opkg_solver_upgrade: Package [COLOR="#0000CD"]Not [/COLOR]not installed.
 * opkg_solver_upgrade: Package [COLOR="#0000CD"]Not [/COLOR]not installed.
Not selecting [COLOR="#0000CD"]libgdk-pixbuf-2.0-0 2.38.2[/COLOR] as installing it would break existing dependencies.[/COLOR]
 
Last edited:
A clean flash of 6.0.008 (Rel), Ultimo4K, no settings or plugins restored, already has a later version of libgdk-pixbuf-2.0-0 (2.42.6-r0) installed.

Code:
root@vuultimo4k:~# opkg list-installed | grep libgdk-pixbuf-2.0-0
libgdk-pixbuf-2.0-0 - 2.42.6-r0
root@vuultimo4k:~#
 
Last edited:
Thanks ccs.
yes, it does show what is failing, and the reason ... well, fingers crossed 6.0.009 will eliminate that.

PS: I had added a pic above in my previous reply, showing the libgdk-pixbuf that exist on my system, maybe pointing in some direction.
You can see there that my system actually shows 2: the 38 and 42.

I'll try another clean install, no restore, and check the directories again.
IF the 38 should still be in there, could I try and "just" delete it ??
 
Last edited:
PS: I had added a pic above in my previous reply, showing the libgdk-pixbuf that exist on my system, maybe pointing in some direction.
But the opkg one ... ?

I think that's the answer, what's /media/hdd/usr/lib doing there?

Try renaming it and see if the update now works.
 
Last edited:
....probably editing posts at the same time.

See post #25.
 
Performing an update won't solve issue. Pachage with issue won't update because of dependencies issue.

You have to flash/install newer image to overcome the problem .
 
Performing an update won't solve issue. Pachage with issue won't update because of dependencies issue.

You have to flash/install newer image to overcome the problem .

The package with the issue is on /media/hdd/usr/lib, that's why it's failing.

The up-to-date package is already in /usr/lib.
 
Yes, always fun, more or less typing at the same time.


I think that's the answer, what's /media/hdd/usr/lib doing there?

Your guess might be soo much better then mine on that :)
Allthough ... I just remembered I tried (with Multiboot) to install OpenATV, and looking at the filedate again, I think that left remnants, even though I deleted the "installed" images in Mb, and then deleted Mb itself as plugin..

Try renaming it and see if the update now works.

I renamed "/media/hdd/usr/lib " to "/media/hdd/usr/lib-fail", but that did not solve it either. Tried twice, also renaming the actual file and directory of that "libgdk", but the same mention in the ipkgupgrade.log as before.
But ... then I remembered that OpenATV again (as mentioned above), and deleted anything in that /media/hdd - directory, dated 25/09/2021 and that ...

Solved it !!!

I'm now as update free as anyone else :)

Thanks for not giving up on me ccs and abu baniaz :angel:
 
Last edited:
Glad it's sorted, it's cropped up a few times before over the years.

It looks like upgrade.py takes an interest in /media/hdd for some reason, but doubtless I'll be proved wrong.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top