Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] OPKG Update error when trying to install plugins

  • Thread starter Thread starter Martincape
  • Start date Start date
Ok try adding these DNS servers 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 which is OpenDNS

Click here if your not sure how to

Then try again you could try a DNS flush as well; in a command prompt in windows type

ipconfig /flushdns

Do that several times then try again. (you can use the up arrow to save you typing it over and over)

That should rule out DNS issues.
 
Last edited:
Gonna try doing what you said above when I get back home pal. Been dragged out ha!
 
How is the receiver connected to the router?
wifi, homeplugs, direct cable, wifi bridge etc......

Are there any other networking devices involved in the setup?
 
It's right beside the router, connected direct via Ethernet into gigabit port. There is a home plug connected to router to, again via Ethernet.
 
Tried different port. Not different cable. I get all green ticks on network test, so connection is there. Just connecting to WOS to get updates is the only problem.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
laptop first mate see if you can download the link i added.
 
I can download the files with fresh reinstall of image but for some reason it stops later and comes up with the error @martincape is facing

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Just got home pal, clicked on your link, I can download the file. I maybe typed something wrongly.
 
It's weird. If I browse there, it wont work. If I click on your link, it brings up the download file option.
 
I downloaded the file, ftp'd across, still wont install it, same error message.

Found out you cant actually use OpenDNS on BT Home Hubs anyway, need additional hardware.
 
I downloaded the file, ftp'd across, still wont install it, same error message.

Found out you cant actually use OpenDNS on BT Home Hubs anyway, need additional hardware.

I experienced the same issues as well when ftp.... wonder what could be blocking it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Honestly no idea pal. I'm out of ideas. I can't try wireless dongle as I need to download the driver for it.

I'm trying to remember if I had this issue with my home hub 4. Been using the 5 for a month or so I think.
 
Any experts here on this thread to share your thoughts?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
I am using Virgin Media as my ISP, using their S/Hub and have not been affected by this issue.

Perhaps it may be an idea to flash again from scratch and enable debug logs to help identify the issue.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top