Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] OPKG Update error when trying to install plugins

  • Thread starter Thread starter Martincape
  • Start date Start date
Sounds like it.

I'm sorry pal, but I've only been using these types of box for 2 months. I would not have had any idea a virus could infect a satellite box, nevermind a network. I'd never even heard of a wget file until 20 minutes ago. We all have to start learning from somewhere.

Fair enough, hard to know what to search for if you don't know it exists.
If anything on your network is infected with this virus, I'd be looking at taking everything offline & fresh flashing/installs of all connected devices.
 
Glad you have found the cause of your issue. I bet you will be first to spot someone having the same issue as you have.
 
Haha. Yea probably :).

I haven't got round to sorting it yet. Big job now lol.

Does this virus only infect Linux devices? So my iPhone laptop etc will be fine?
 
Best to re initialise any ext3/4 devices too isn't it? Before I reflash?
 
never heard of widget either lol,back on the homeplug issue,use the ones that can have an applience plugged into them,the surge protection i use can go through the one pc compatable outlet to improve other things.:thumbsup:
 
First I heard about it was last night. Would make sense, everytime I reflash its fine, but its hiding in router so comes back eventually. Bloody annoying lol
 
Yeah its not a common issue but does popup about every 6 months or so, which is just enough time for people to forget all about it and its symptoms. Glad your finally getting to the bottom of things now though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Not sure how to do that pal. It's a BT Home Hub. Was just going to reset back to factory settings and leave switched off for a while.
 
Not sure how to do that pal. It's a BT Home Hub. Was just going to reset back to factory settings and leave switched off for a while.

You really need to reflash it as it will survive a factory reset and come back again at some point. Google will no doubt show you the way to do that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
It's not possible to re flash the home hubs. They are sent automatically from BT.

I have reset to factory, and left switched off at mains for half an hour.

Just reflashed the box with Zeus 5 and set everything back up again. At the min I still have the wget file in usr/bin so everything is fine.

I just hope it doesn't come back lol. No way to reflash the home hub manually :(
 
I hate being forced to use ISP's equipment :mad:
ATM I have no phone (must use the ISP's router) with that I get 16meg and nothing but hassle with internal IP's :( using my netgear router all is perfect and and getting 20meg :eek:
What sucks is the phone only works on the ISP's router :rolleyes:
 
Yea it sucks. We hardly use our house phone anyway. But ya should be able to manually reflash. It's basic maintenance.

Especially if that worm is still there. It will always be there.

Don't think I can use any other router with BT Infinity 2.
 
Can't you set the providers modem/router (because that's what it is I presume) in 'bridge mode', so it is a modem only? Then you can add your own router.
 
You can mate, I use a dark knight with an unlocked BT modem. There's plenty of routers, modems and combos that work with infinity
 
Can't you set the providers modem/router (because that's what it is I presume) in 'bridge mode', so it is a modem only? Then you can add your own router.

Judging by the next reply probably can but it means unlocking the router somehow. Might be a trawl on Google to see what the crack is. Up to now the virus hasn't come back. Just checked for software updates :)

I've changed box password and left all default firewall settings on the router. So hopefully it might be ok. But at least I know what it is if it happens again.

Would never have guessed at a virus lol
 
You might have picked me up wrong, I use an unlocked openreach modem but it doesn't need to be unlocked for my own router to work with infinity.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top