Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

OV 5.4.003 plus GigaBlue and LNB Switch Off???

CRMS

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2020
Messages
339
Reaction score
2
Points
18
Has OV 5.4.003 solved the issue with GigaBlue boxes which have been switching off power to the LNB when tuner A stops an activity prematurely when other recordings are scheduled??
So removing the need for a power injector to keep the LNB live??

I have spotted any comments on the forum or in the OpenVix 5.4 thread.
 
Looks like it was sorted some time ago in the update for drivers now dated 23/7/2020...

The issue is solved for me on a GB UE 4K.

Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/a282a00645005370090cdaee29580024d7d20d9c
 
Ever since the systmeinfo.py changes, I still get tune failed issues. Right pain in the rear when using ABM from cold start or a service not on the LNB. I don't have an issue with PLi.
 
have to say works fine for me, but I don‘t use ABM. There is no significant difference between OpenPli and OpenViX in the dvb libraries and NimManager
 
I don't use a powered switch or LNB. Just an LNB powered by the receiver.

.... and I have a mixture of powered switches and unicable lnb inputs- but on one receiver the main input is an LNB powered by the receiver.
 
I must be doing something wrong.

EDIT:
The attached video shows me switching from a Terrestrial channel to its satellite equivalent. You will see, there is a tune failed message. LNB power is meant to be constantly on. If that was the case, LNB would not need to power up.
 

Attachments

Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top