Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Please post your working brand of internal SATA HDD and size

Samsung 1.5 TB SATA II F2 EcoGreen 5400RPM 32 MB Cache

Manu. Part Code:HD154UI/Y

Seems to work fine, not seen any problems. What kind of problems are people having?
 
I have Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
It's working fine
 
I've using a

HITACHI HDS72101 1TB 7200 RPM Serial ATA - II ,

Disk, been running for a week now and working well.
 
I'm using a SAMSUNG F3EG HD203WI 2TB 5400RPM SATA2 drive.

I couldn't initialize it using the DE image I was running but judging by other comments this isn't unusual - flashed a PLI image and initialized it and then reloaded DE.
 
Just fitted a Samsung 1.5TB HD154UI Spinpoint F2 EcoGreen, took several attempts to initialize the HDD until it was recognised (with OpenPLi and then the latest official image), but when I tried to record, a message would appear to inform me that the HDD was not initialized.
Working OK now, although when I went back to OpenPLi the problem returned, just hope I don`t need to do this with every image upgrade.
 
Using a 2.0TB Samsung HD203WI SATAII 5400rpm 32MB cache.
Was internal so qualifies, but is currently connected via eSata so I can keep a better eye on any temperature problems.
 
Maxtor Diamond Max STM3160211AS 160gb Sata internal.
I will be buying a laptop cooler for my vu like i did with my 800 i had, keeps it lovely and cool, especially with hd inside
 
Using WDD Green 500gb receiver did initially find disk and format but now cannot find HDD, Have changed cables and can here disk spinning
Using Dream Elite, Do I change image or HDD!

Help!!!!!
 
Change image, mine worked at one stage, then installed Dream Elite and HDD was not recognised, i then reinstalled the PLi image all worked fine, i then loaded my preferred image VU+ Team Image v1.3 and hard disk it still working, i think one of the plug ins knocks it out, i will continue loading up more plugins.
 
using WD 1.5TB 15EARS internal thanks to daddykins post on setting up large HDD. Recording 4 versions of World cup final to test.
 
I use HDD WD 500Gb (HDD SATA-II Western Digital 500Gb, Caviar 16SE WD5000AAKS). Record and reading it is excellent.
 
Using WDD Green 500gb receiver did initially find disk and format but now cannot find HDD, Have changed cables and can here disk spinning
Using Dream Elite, Do I change image or HDD!

Help!!!!!

Try daddykins post to solve. Report back.
 
hi guys i am useing New WD Green 2TB 3.5 SATA Hard Drive 2 TB 64MB Cache
 
wish you can post the moel numbers m8s and so all can benefit the max
 
How about we also maintain a list of drives that are known to have problems.

Here is my contribution: WD10EADS. The DUO intermittently fails to detect the drive during boot. No other problems that I know of.

Some people have reported that forcing the drive into SATA I mode (with the OPT1 jumper) helps. I have not tried this (yet).
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top