Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Please post your working brand of internal SATA HDD and size

Using a Samsung HD154UI/Y 1.5 TB SATA II F2 EcoGreen 5400RPM 32 MB Cache tried it with three images dreamelite/open pli/ and the new vti image and worked ok and recorded a FTA channel BBC HD played back ok
 
Using a Samsung HD154UI/Y 1.5 TB SATA II F2 EcoGreen 5400RPM 32 MB Cache tried it with three images dreamelite/open pli/ and the new vti image and worked ok and recorded a FTA channel BBC HD played back ok

Also have that drive in an e-sata enclosure, and noticed that after 1tb was full, it was causing crashing...

Partitioned it to 2 partitions, 1 at 1tb and one at 500gb. Then, I use the 500gb are a downloads/archive, and the 1tb as a recordings...
 
Also if it's a new drive no need to do anything just put in unit and intialize and way to go
 
I am new to vu duo and read this thread, i have used this drive a Hitachi Travelstar in my dm800 and this was top of list (Hitachi Travelstar 5K500.B HTS545025B9A300 - 250gb 8mb cache 5400 rpm 2.5" sata) so thought that would do, drive is working great but it doesnt fit onto the supplied bracket.
Just so people know the 2.5" drives dont fit on the supplied mount, an adaptor
is needed.

Just need to find one now :(
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am new to vu duo and read this thread, i have used this drive a Hitachi Travelstar in my dm800 and this was top of list (Hitachi Travelstar 5K500.B HTS545025B9A300 - 250gb 8mb cache 5400 rpm 2.5" sata) so thought that would do, drive is working great but it doesnt fit onto the supplied bracket.
Just so people know the 2.5" drives dont fit on the supplied mount, an adaptor
is needed.

Just need to find one now :(

Depending on how much the bracket costs, might just be worth buying a new hdd :p Can get a 500gb one for £32 (free del if member of avforums of hexus iirc):

Code:
http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductID=981178
 
thanks for info pooface.

I decided to get the drill out :eek: a bit of drilling into the supplied plate and i used the supplied grommets between the plate and the hard drive and some smaller screws and its now sorted :D
 
Samsung - EcoGreen F2 Desktop Class HD502HI - Hard drive - 500 GB - internal - 3.5'' - SATA-300 - 5400 rpm - buffer: 16 MB.quite as a mouse
 
Samsung SpinPoint T166 HD501LJ - 500 GB - 16MB - SATA-300 - 7200Rpm
An old one i had in my computer... cool and quiet
working great so far... just used it for a few days
 
Using Samsung HD103SJ SpinPoint F3 1TB 7200RPM SATA II 3GB/s 32MB Cache
 
Hiya all,

I have an Icy box with a 1TG Seagate harddrive.
I used this with my Eurovox 7000hd, I had to reformat it to Fat32
(I havn't set up my vu+duo box yet as only got it yesterday)
is it ok as its formatted to Fat 32 or do I have to do something else with it?
 
Hiya all,

I have an Icy box with a 1TG Seagate harddrive.
I used this with my Eurovox 7000hd, I had to reformat it to Fat32
(I havn't set up my vu+duo box yet as only got it yesterday)
is it ok as its formatted to Fat 32 or do I have to do something else with it?

It will need to be initialised in your Duo. Press Menu > Setup > System > Harddisk, tihs will format the drive EXT.
 
i Had my hdd formated in NTFS then my Vu+ didn't boot up ... so i put it in my computer and removed partition.. and then the reciver booted up and i could initialise hdd

//kUbbAS
 
5014587273_f48fdc142d_b.jpg



WD1EAVS

1TB
 
Western Digital WD10EARS 64MB Cache SATA Hard Drive 1TB - £49.95 ... think it's 7200

Kingston DataTraveler II - USB flash drive - 1GB - No problems
 
1TB Hitachi Deskstar 7K2000, SATA 3Gb/s, 7200rpm, 32MB Cache, 8.9 ms

found and initialized immediately after installing
 
Samsung SpinPoint F3 Desktop Class HD103SJ - Hard drive - 1 TB - internal - 3.5" - SATA-300 - 7200.

Excellent performance. No probes with initialization after installation. Working perfectly; no xtra noise or heat at all during recording. Recorded four channels
simultaneously including HD and played back without probs.
 
Samsung SpinPoint F3 Desktop Class HD103SJ - Hard drive - 1 TB - internal - 3.5" - SATA-300 - 7200.

Excellent performance. No probes with initialization after installation. Working perfectly; no xtra noise or heat at all during recording. Recorded four channels
simultaneously including HD and played back without probs.
Hey - how did you manage to record 4 channels at once?
I can't even get 2 to work :confused:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top