Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Please post your working brand of internal SATA HDD and size

Installed Western Digital HDD 1, 5TB WD15EARS 64MB SATAII/ 300 IntelliPower 5400rpm

Great drive, I have one too in my VU+DUO but they arn't 5400rpm :) they change speed depending on the load.
I have just bought two WD10EARS (same drive, just 1TB instead of 1.5) for a RAID setup my my sons PC.

When it first launched the GreenPower Caviar, WD refused to disclose the drive's actual spindle speed, saying only that it was somewhere between 5,400 and 7,200RPM.
 
Samsung EcoGreen F3 HD105SI, 1TB

works good
 
Using a 1.0TB Samsung HD103SI SATAII 5400rpm 32MB cache , very quietly.
 

Attachments

  • Samsung-HD103SI-pers.webp
    Samsung-HD103SI-pers.webp
    94.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there...is there a procedure for installing a 3.5 inch hd internally as opposed to external connection.
I just bought the vu duo and cannot see where the drive slots in.
Sorry if its a dumb question but I need to make sure I do this right,.

Thanks for any help
 
Hi there...is there a procedure for installing a 3.5 inch hd internally as opposed to external connection.
I just bought the vu duo and cannot see where the drive slots in.
Sorry if its a dumb question but I need to make sure I do this right,.

Thanks for any help

I see you found the guide.
 
Seagate Momentus XT 500GB 7200RPM 32MB 4GB SSD S-ATA/300 2,5". This is a hybrid disk.
Seagate specs:
Model Number ST95005620AS
Interface SATA 3Gb/s
Cache 32MB
Non-volatile cache 4GB SSD
Capacity 500GB

Works perfectly! Reasonably quiet, and quite a bit faster.
 
Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS 64MB 1TB

Vu+ Duo don't find the hard disk after shout down or reboot. Must do a file scanning after. Stand bye works fine.

BlackHole Vu+ Duo v. 1.3.9 Multiboot, 1.3.9.2 (update)


Black Hole Vu+ Duo 1.4.2 Multiboot and mounted


Problem when backup movies to computer. Hangs when stand bye long time. Vu don't find hard disk sometimes after reboot. Recordings hangs often.
 
i'm using a Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB .... already in the list on page one ...... no problems so far ..... i've only used it for a few days tho' :D
 
Got a Western Digital WD10EACS-00Z 1TB and had no problems. It's a couple of years old and was originally in my AZbox
 
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3750640AS 16MB 750GB

Works fine but noisy when recording. I get only 9 Mb/s in my network when copied to PC/Vu. I do not why but my WD Green got 70 Mb/s when copied to PC/Vu.
The data for the disks look nearly the same:

WD Green
post-11448-1293729508.jpg


Seagate Barracuda
post-11448-1293729435.jpg
 
If you go back to the start of this thread and read through the first few I seem to remember that the genral concensus was that 5400 is better than 7200.
I use a Samsung eco green thingy F4 5400 2TB, it runs quiet and cool (I have it on the eSATA so can keep an eye on it), and takes an awful lot of stuff even in HD!
 
The problems with Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3750640AS 16MB 750GB was that my network cable from router to pc was broken same time I change hard disk. Silly yes, but changes to WiFI and gets 40 Mbit/s.

I was looking for a Samsung eco green 5400 but in my town they only sells Wester Digital and older Seagate disks. We have 5 big reseller :)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3750640AS 16MB 750GB makes only noises when writing (recording). Quite in reading mode (play).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
With Hi dear friends wanted to know what the best hard drive for this model? Because some friends when recording and playing hard on this problem I got. Thanks
 
I got a WESTERN DIGITAL WD10EURS 1TB AV-GP SATA2 and it works fine now.
 
WD800 - Western Digital Caviar 80gb. its a old drive i had laying around. must be roughly 4 years old but runs very quiet. Soon will purchase a new 500gb. will post results of new drive when ive installed it.
 
Hello i just added to my VU+DUO

WESTERN DIGITAL HAS launched a 2TB enterprise HD. If you think that's big, it has a 64M cache to back it all up too.

The drive, RE4-GP, has what WD claims is "next generation" green technology, saving up to 40 per cent more power than normal drives. The cache is claimed to be good for a 25 per cent increase in performance as well, so this appears to be a win/win before you even consider the massive size.


The drives, available now, are going to retail for $329, or just under 17 cents a GB. For reference, this is slightly below the $10/MB I paid for my first HD.

Read more:
Code:
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...#ixzz1As5Eo787
The Inquirer - Computer hardware news and downloads. Visit the download store today.


Read more:
Code:
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...#ixzz1As3oscgD
The Inquirer - Computer hardware news and downloads. Visit the download store today.

it works fine
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top