Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Please post your working brand of internal SATA HDD and size

Are we going to see more compatible hdds with the New Image (V5.6)?
 
I switched from my old maxtor 200GB to abit less old Seagate ST3320620AS 320GB. It works without any problems.
 
There is a special price on this drive: Samsung HD204UI Spinpoint F4 2TB Hard Drive SATA 5400RPM 32MB Cache - OEM . Has anyone had any problems using this drive.
 
Last edited:
Hi,

Samsung EcoGreen F3 HD105SI, 1TB

works good


I installed Samsung HD105SI, 1TB, 5400RPM, with 32MB cache too. I created only one partition, because several images don't displayed all mounted partitions as separately "Harddisk" ("Harddisk1", etc) in the Media Player. Currently I use the updated VTI 2.3 images with Transmission deamon for downloading media from the Internet. HDD works great.

Regards,

Zorro23
 
Last edited:
There is a special price on this drive: Samsung HD204UI Spinpoint F4 2TB Hard Drive SATA 5400RPM 32MB Cache - OEM . Has anyone had any problems using this drive.



I can confirm it does work allthough i had trouble initialising it on vix2.
I had to revert to the original Duo image, initialise the drive using that then reflash with Vix2, now it seems to works a treat.
 
Another question which I forgot....can you pause tv, rewind etc etc...I read on here i think that you need a memory card for that....great epg pics as well, thanks for that.....
 
using sp2504 samsung 250gb 3.5" sata2

works with time shift and recordings - streaming
 
Hi - just to add my working hard disc in here ( not without problems though ) - Hitach HDS72202 (2TB model).

Couldnt get it to format under the vix firmware no matter what i tried so i had to revert back to stock firmware, format, and then put ViX 2.0 back on and set up again. I did try a 3TB in there as well and it wouldnt only see 800gb of the 3tb but i must confess i didnt do too much on that disc as it wasnt intended for it but i just thought id try - that was a hitachi also.
 
I have a Western Digital Caviar Green Power 1Tb WD10EARS 64Mb Cache, and for now works fine with BlackHole 1.4.6
 
I have just fitted a samsung travelstar, 250gb, 7200rpm, 16mb cache, 2.5inch from pcworld £39.99. works like a dream
 
I have just installed a Western Digital Caviar Green Power 2TB 64MB Cache Hard Disk Drive SATAII
used 5.7 to formatt
working great under vix 2.0
 
Samsung SpinPoint F4 EcoGreen 2TB SATA-II 32MB Cache (HD204UI with the firmware update for this drive) - Working OK with VIX 2.1.

Very quiet too - Recommended :thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
• From off Hard Disk Label
o Samsung Model: HD103SI; 1000GB/R54/32M
o LBA 1,963,525,168 1000.00 GB; Rev A; SATA II 3GB.

Formatted ext3, Running Enigma2, very quiet.

From Website > http://www.samsung.com/ae/consumer/...op-sata/HD103SI/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

HD103SI
• Formatted capacity: 1TB
• Environment friendly product with RoHS compliance
• Serial ATA 3.0Gbps interface support
• Improved performance with dual-ARM based firmware
• EcoGreen F2
• Capacity: 1TB
• Interface: SATA 3.0Gbps
• Buffer memory: 32MB
 
After a bit of messing around I got a spare Maxtor maxline plus II 250GB (7y250m0) to work, dont know if anyone else has encountered this problem but what happened was >>

I formatted the drive on my pc using NTFS format as ya do, I fitted the drive in the VU+Duo as per the instructions at the start of this whole thread, plugged everything in and the box would not boot, just kept saying starting on the digital display and then saying VU+Duo and that was it, black screen on tv, I thought ohh no !!!

Anyway, what I done I know is not recommended, I left everything plugged in including the power, took the lid back off unplugged the sata cable from the hard drive, restarted the box and hey presto the box started right up to a tv channel (if you even think about doing this with the lid off and power connected be very very carefull you do not touch any of the electrical parts in the box or you will get electrocuted at worst or blow your box at best).

After that, I plugged the sata cable back in while the box was still booted up, and like magic I was able to then follow the instructions and the hard drive was then recognised and working, but there was just no way at all it would have worked unless I done what I done.

So I hope thats a little tip for someone who has maybe encountered the same problem.

Cheers.

p.s
I have vix 1.3
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top